In the Spirit of NAMM Anouncements (FAS reactive load box)

All i can say is that if you own, like in my case, an Ax8, an XL (and currently on waiting list for a III), i don't know why you would need anything else than an LB-2 (that i already own and have used it), which work seamlessly with Fractal products, and much better than i expected! (no noise, grounds, hum). I've never cranked my AC30 tb/6 before, but now i have! (btw, factory cab 185 sounds like the real thing!)

I don't know how Cliff's magnetic reactive load tech is different than the other load boxes out there, but it works! No doubt an LB-1 would be amazing, but at what price? The Axe FXIII (with 2000+ factory Irs and 2000+ user IR slots and cab mixing capabilities in the box plus everything else it does) seems like a bargain compared to any load box with IR loading.

All i can say is that if you own, like in my case, an Ax8, an XL (and currently on waiting list for a III), i don't know why you would need anything else than an LB-2 (that i already own and have used it), which work seamlessly with Fractal products, and much better than i expected! (no noise, grounds, hum). I've never cranked my AC30 tb/6 before, but now i have! (btw, factory cab 185 sounds like the real thing!)

I don't know how Cliff's magnetic reactive load tech is different than the other load boxes out there, but it works! No doubt an LB-1 would be amazing, but at what price? The Axe FXIII (with 2000+ factory Irs and 2000+ user IR slots and cab mixing capabilities in the box plus everything else it does) seems like a bargain compared to any load box with IR loading.

Well, the LB-1 will NOT require the power for amp simulation, so costs will be way lower.

so for anyone who has received their LB2 yet, any reviews? especially interested how it handles NMV 'loud' amps (say 50 or 100 watt Marshall's) whether the unit generates any noise when the amp is pushed, say at say 7.. and if they have a Suhr RL how they compare..

so for anyone who has received their LB2 yet, any reviews? especially interested how it handles NMV 'loud' amps (say 50 or 100 watt Marshall's) whether the unit generates any noise when the amp is pushed, say at say 7.. and if they have a Suhr RL how they compare..

Mine arrived today, I'm hoping to run a couple of my 50 watt Marshalls through it tonight at full volume. I'll take note of the items you posted and reply with the results.
Unfortunately I sold my axe fx ii to fund the upcoming iii and I don't have cab lab so I'll have to use my pod x3 live as the cab simulator. A few of the pod cabs sound really good, so I have high expectations. :)

Reactions: bke
Basically, their current product line up...

Thanks, that makes sense -- the LB-2 fits perfectly with the products you mentioned.

But not the FX8 -- because it doesn't have cabinet simulation ?

But it would be great to have a smaller, less expensive unit, without amp simulation, and probably with reduced effects.

Last edited:

It seems to handle my 50 watt Marshall just fine. It has a master volume, but for the past 45 minutes I have been running on volume 10. There is a bit of crackle noise that is generated, but I had to turn all my speakers off and put my ear right next the LB-2 to hear it. I wish I had the Suhr to compare, but I don't see how it would sound any better.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! how are you using it, are you going into an axe fx\8 for cab's and effects or into something else? if into the axe how do you find vs using amp modelling?

Better than the Fryette PS-2, which is better than the OX, reactive wise.
Asking for a new product is always sketchy. Especially from FAS when it comes to something intended for tube amp users. So many of the forum members get insulted because FAS is all about digital modeling. But I think Cliff can do better, the only question is does it make sense to his bottom line?

I was lucky enough to have one land on my desk today and I think it's going to be a godsend for me ... and the neighbours. I'm suitably impressed, but that's no surprise considering its origins. The LB-2 is a winner. Here's my humble take on first impressions.

I was lucky enough to have one land on my desk today and I think it's going to be a godsend for me ... and the neighbours. I'm suitably impressed, but that's no surprise considering its origins. The LB-2 is a winner. Here's my humble take on first impressions.

Thanks, Burgs. Very nice amp too.

P.S. What's the headset you're using?

Thanks, Burgs. Very nice amp too.

P.S. What's the headset you're using?

No probs. The X-LOAD is a very welcome addition to my little studio. Sounds great.

The headset is a Samson Airline 77, if I'm not mistaken. Does the job. I stick it through Waves CLA vocals and everything seems to come together OK. The Axe is unadulterated bar the Newfangled Elevate Limiter at the end of the chain.

Back
Top Bottom