In Memoriam

Rex

Dignified but Approachable
Today we held the funeral for my sister-in-law Lois. She was a skilled and loving veterinarian who donated countless hours to healing and teaching at animal shelters. And she had a a wry sense of humor that caught you off guard.

She let me assist while she neutered our cat Waldo Woo, who was rescued from a pond when he was three weeks old. There are parts of that operation that I'd like unsee (:)), but I'll always remember the care and practiced skill with which she tended to him. In the words of one of her colleagues, "Dr. Harmon was the most compassionate person I ever met, but she didn't know it. She just lived it." That statement perfectly sums her up. Lois will be missed.

28056585_10155817109001208_266110885160006580_n.jpg

I'm sorry to hear of your loss @Rex but it sounds as though knowing Lois surely was your gain. Keep the good things.

Reactions: Rex
Godspeed to this wonderful lady. Prayers for comfort and healing to her friends and family.

Sincere condolences, Rex. As an animal lover, I have much respect for people like Lois who help them even when it's heartbreaking to do so.

Thanks, everyone. Lois was indeed amazing; one of those people who, after they left, you were always happy that they took time for you.

Sorry to hear about the loss Rex.. Family is the most important thing you will ever have in this world.

Back
Top Bottom