I'm in love with the Trainrwreck sim. Seriously, it's that good.

Variable

Inspired

This recording is really all over the place; I did it in one take (clams and all) just to play around with the dynamics and see how the recording matched up with what I was hearing through my EV 112P.

Guitar was my custom, all mahogany G&L Legacy 2HB (there literally isn't any other guitar like it in the G&L line, it's a one-off) with BKP VHII in the neck and Holy Diver in the bridge into the Wrecker sim, recording with Reason 7 via USB.

Edit- Forgot to mention that I did have the volume knob on the guitar down just a touch for the opening bit, but it was full on for the rest of the recording and I just varied pick attack. I rolled off the tone knob a touch for the Lydian bit at the end.

Last edited:
Oh yes it does found great link on you tube showing 3 train wrecks george lynch, billy gibbons and another fine example.
I had dialed my wrecker 1 patch in and thought ok lets see how close it really is..

I put that baby in stone in the mfc 101 with a hammer and chisel.
Killer !!! Cant believe you can use volume knob on guitar and it cleans right up
or back off a touch on guitar and use volume pedal and roll it back just so..
I found myself on the volume knob all day and really scratching my head thinking
well I have been missing alot of fantastic tones just using volume knob alone..
Between knob on guitar and volume pedal you can really get into some new territory tone wise.
Using the volume knob on guitar only is alot of fun I can see the hoopla over the Trainwreck amp now.
You dont get to try those out everyday you know ?
35,000 dollar amps. I A B'd between video and axe and sounds like a Trainwreck too me and the real good ones at that.

Bravo Cliff !

I hear the soundcloud link sounds Great !

Pretty amazing isn't it, that something that has zero tubes can sound that good. Awesome device.

Completely floored Funeral dialed in this vox ac 30 top boost sim that sounds amazing its in stone for certain..
So many sounds wish I had this 30 years ago.

I can just play finally go in tweak some to taste and just rip.
Spoiled rotten over it...

I need to learn how to tone match I have some great Dumble clones here and
one real Dumble~Man amp so I wish to delve into how to tone capture more
and learn how to match.

Digging the CA+3 amp too and triptik really fun to rip on those
oh the shiver too shiva bogner is real tasty clean.

Not enough time break out the coffee...

That's a great tone. A great amp and a great amp model in the Axe-FX II. You've got it dialed up great. Nice stuff man.

Hmmmm...I'll need to check out this amp model that sounds pretty sweet.
how do you like the Holydiver? I have a matched set in my all Mahogany BRJ 7 string and absolutely love them.

That's a great tone. A great amp and a great amp model in the Axe-FX II. You've got it dialed up great. Nice stuff man.

I gotta give a lot of credit to the new OH Vintage set. I have that patch set with the G65 T2 Live Vintage IR and it just slays. I've always loved the 65 for just about everything, and that IR really shows it off.

Hmmmm...I'll need to check out this amp model that sounds pretty sweet.
how do you like the Holydiver? I have a matched set in my all Mahogany BRJ 7 string and absolutely love them.

Well, I originally had it in my Suhr Pro S1 and I ended up hating it in there. It was too much of a cocked wah sound in that guitar and the stock SSV is a much better match. I think the HD does much better in mahogany bodied guitars that are inherently midrangy.

Oh yes it does found great link on you tube showing 3 train wrecks george lynch, billy gibbons and another fine example.
I had dialed my wrecker 1 patch in and thought ok lets see how close it really is..

I put that baby in stone in the mfc 101 with a hammer and chisel.
Killer !!! Cant believe you can use volume knob on guitar and it cleans right up
or back off a touch on guitar and use volume pedal and roll it back just so..
I found myself on the volume knob all day and really scratching my head thinking
well I have been missing alot of fantastic tones just using volume knob alone..
Between knob on guitar and volume pedal you can really get into some new territory tone wise.
Using the volume knob on guitar only is alot of fun I can see the hoopla over the Trainwreck amp now.
You dont get to try those out everyday you know ?
35,000 dollar amps. I A B'd between video and axe and sounds like a Trainwreck too me and the real good ones at that.

Bravo Cliff !

I hear the soundcloud link sounds Great !

Yeah man, that's what I'm saying. $2200 for an Axe compared to all the amps you get with it is the clear choice. I'm finding I don't even need to use my volume knob with the Wrecker, just like a real Trainwreck. Just having a light touch with the right pickup will clean it up no problem.

+1 on the Trainwreck sim. It's one of the most dynamic amps in the Axe. It's amazing what it can do just with variations in picking.

Have you compared it to the FAS Wreck model? It would be worth your time. :)

Back
Top Bottom