Ill never buy Yamaha again!

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
I have a 16 channel mixer from Yahama. I take to and from gigs and it gets used quite a lot. One of the fader knobs has always been a little loose and last week it feel off and I didn't notice until this morning. I spoke to Yamaha and they want to change me £6 to deliver a replacement part on a £500 mixer. No gestures of goodwill, nothing.

Well Mr Yamaha, you shall NEVER have another penny from my pocket. I'll walk single file into a house fire before that happens.

Yamaha's customer service is abysmal. She kept putting me on hold without any warning. Way to get on my tits.

Rant over

No similar knobs being sold on ebay Fabio..?

Similarly, I lost one of the rubber feet off my multi-guitar stand (must have been between a venue and the truck when packing up). The replacement part cost 48 pence, but by the time it was ordered (special order) and delivered, it was almost a tenner.

Still, at least my stand doesn't wobble anymore! :lol

No similar knobs being sold on ebay Fabio..?

Similarly, I lost one of the rubber feet off my multi-guitar stand (must have been between a venue and the truck when packing up). The replacement part cost 48 pence, but by the time it was ordered (special order) and delivered, it was almost a tenner.

Still, at least my stand doesn't wobble anymore! :lol

You didn't have an appropriately sized book to counter your wobbling woes?

if you're not careful, you'll be giving the impression that Yorkshire folk are careful with their money!

It's not even that. G66 replaced my fan on an out of warranty Axe Fx 2, the part, postage and even emailed me to make sure that the installation went smoothly. Why on Earth can I not expect similar service from Yamaha? £2 something for the part and £3 for postage.

It's just the principle of it that pisses me off royally.

It's not even that. G66 replaced my fan on an out of warranty Axe Fx 2, the part, postage and even emailed me to make sure that the installation went smoothly. Why on Earth can I not expect similar service from Yamaha? £2 something for the part and £3 for postage.

That's why G66 customer service is exceptional. Yamaha seems more like what I would expect and G66 is a refreshing surprise

Indeed!
Thats actually pretty good!

I had to service a tascam and I waited 3months to pay the damn fader bank as they wouldn't send me the invoice.
During that time, said console was unuseable

G66 is beyond exceptional. yamaha is *slightly* above average. trust me on this.
... you never dealt with neve I gather... Damn the stuff they make me go through to get a £200k console even working...

or avid where they charge you to pick up the phone... even when you bought +£50k worth of their systems

Why is it the larger the company the less you can expect from them?

It isn't that I expect less. I expect something that is fair and reasonable, which £6 seems to be.

Smaller companies that go the extra mile is more than is expected. G66 have helped me also with a part, I would have happily paid for but they didn't even want postage.

Not really seeing the problem. You lost a part and you expect them to just give you a replacement? Consider how many users of Yamaha products there are and how many freebie spares that could end up being. And £500 isn't exactly huge money for a mixer.

Also, how would you not walk single file on your own? Or would you be getting other people in on the suicide-by-fire to try help prove your point? :|

Fact is: They make great motorcycles, great guitars and great Studio/Live-Equipment.......so you should'nt trust 'em at all!!! ;-)

G66 replaced my fan on an out of warranty Axe Fx 2, the part, postage and even emailed me to make sure that the installation went smoothly. Why on Earth can I not expect similar service from Yamaha?
Because as a rule, you can't expect free parts for out-of-warranty gear. Something about the warranty. :)

Nah, it's pretty clearly the money. The actual principle is sound. You expecting them to kick in free parts, years after the fact, is kind of like them expecting you to pay them extra money, years after the fact.

Last edited:
Mate we have a Yamaha desk that over 20 years old that is road hardened and probably doesn't have a knob or fader on it, but that thing still works like a tank, sounds amazing and keeps on trucking. It does look like its been through hell though. Your lucky your didn't buy behringer lol

Why is it the larger the company the less you can expect from them?

This!! Is why I hope FAS never go public, becoming "corporate". Oh, well, sometimes its abit wobbly in information, oh well, the software editor is abit wobbly... blahblah..

BUT! WE have a close and direct communication with the CEO, with the development team, with beta testers. Whatever (almost) we put on the wish list or amp wish, comes to us in a later firmware... FREE!!!!!!!!

Please never change!!!

Back
Top Bottom