Ill never buy Yamaha again!

Haha.... :lol do you really think that G66 earn no money when they handle "small" things differently than another companies? Business is for smart people....

Of course it's goodwill, and pays back bigger rewards with potential future business, recommendations etc.

This!! Is why I hope FAS never go public, becoming "corporate".
It's just a point of view....

When I was working as a desk repair technician for Clair Brothers Audio Europe back the days (2005 - 2007) - I worked closely together with R&D, service/support from Yamaha (alongside other brands just as Digidesign, MIDAS, Innovason, Digico, Harrison, ShowCo, Panasonic/Ramsa, Soundcraft etc.) - had schematics, parts, 24/7-support calls from very friendly people form japan, germany (european distribution)- all for free!!! Stunning support - absolutely perfect in many ways! Sending out parts for a Elton John tour, 12 hours before truck load in - got them right on the spot!!!
But we bought many PM1D systems, many 5000-series 52/4 frame analogue desks, some M4000-48, M3000-40s, 02R/96, DM2000, so many (!!) PM5D-RH desks, alongside with the DSP5D units, Optocore converters, cables, extra power supply units, software plug-ins, add. I/O cards, stuff etc. - worth over 25 million bucks.....

it's just a point of view....

they all care about their customers - and nobody works for free, they were somehow all the same (and have to pay for taxes, rentals, food, personal fun...etc.) - it's just "another" point of view!

cheers

It's just a point of view....

When I was working as a desk repair technician for Clair Brothers Audio Europe back the days (2005 - 2007) - I worked closely together with R&D, service/support from Yamaha (alongside other brands just as Digidesign, MIDAS, Innovason, Digico, Harrison, ShowCo, Panasonic/Ramsa, Soundcraft etc.) - had schematics, parts, 24/7-support calls from very friendly people form japan, germany (european distribution)- all for free!!! Stunning support - absolutely perfect in many ways! Sending out parts for a Elton John tour, 12 hours before truck load in - got them right on the spot!!!
But we bought many PM1D systems, many 5000-series 52/4 frame analogue desks, some M4000-48, M3000-40s, 02R/96, DM2000, so many (!!) PM5D-RH desks, alongside with the DSP5D units, Optocore converters, cables, extra power supply units, software plug-ins, add. I/O cards, stuff etc. - worth over 25 million bucks.....

it's just a point of view....

they all care about their customers - and nobody works for free, they were somehow all the same (and have to pay for taxes, rentals, food, personal fun...etc.) - it's just "another" point of view!

cheers

Totally understand, but its different to be Elton John and get your parts just in time than being Mr "bedroom player" getting a part in the returning mail for free or just about nothing, or get your wish incorporated in the next firmware.

But sure, nobody works for free and and its part of a business model. well all got to pay our rent (dammit) ;)

rock on!

Totally understand, but its different to be Elton John and get your parts just in time than being Mr "bedroom player" getting a part in the returning mail for free or just about nothing, or get your wish incorporated in the next firmware.

But sure, nobody works for free and and its part of a business model. well all got to pay our rent (dammit) ;)

rock on!

mmh....mr. bedroom player, who paid at least 2500$ for a guitar-fx device, shipped "almost" direct from the manufacturer to the enduser vs. a 500bucks mixer, which shipped over a area distributor, local distributor to a re-seller and then to the enduser ;) .....on the other hand, from a manufaturer directly to global acting rental supplier, ordering a large amount of mixers......it's the same calculation, just a little "bigger".....

if the axefx II where mass produced, approx. 50'000 units a year, thrown out for a couple xxx$ - firmwares would cost extra! :) That's the message....

mmh....mr. bedroom player, who paid at least 2500$ for a guitar-fx device, shipped "almost" direct from the manufacturer to the enduser vs. a 500bucks mixer, which shipped over a area distributor, local distributor to a re-seller and then to the enduser ;) .....on the other hand, from a manufaturer directly to global acting rental supplier, ordering a large amount of mixers......it's the same calculation, just a little "bigger".....

if the axefx II where mass produced, approx. 50'000 units a year, thrown out for a couple xxx$ - firmwares would cost extra! :) That's the message....

The message is.. hope to god it will never be a mass produced product...

The message is.. hope to god it will never be a mass produced product...

Hope dies last - first us, then goes the hope ;)

btw. I would love to hear, Cliff & crew are able to sell 50'000 units per year and FAS becomes one of the top leading brands in the pro audio world. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom