Ideas for connecting iPhone

Hi, whats the best way to connect an iphone to play along to music and backing tracks? No problem during the day as have going to separate speakers than the Ax FX. But at night play through headphones. I am assuming I need to buy a mixer but maybe someone has another idea?

Plug your phone into one of the inputs and mix it with the guitar signal pathway to taste. The III has several inputs and can serve as a basic mixer

Thanks, that's a good idea to mix it the Ax.

I also use a boomerang looper and a beatbuddy drum machine. I was going to mix with an external mixer so could play with headphones but you have got me thinking whether can do in the the Ax. Are folks using the Ax in this way and if so any tips to get the best sound, best signal pathway? Or is it better to do with an external mixer?

If you're using one or 2 devices, it's very easy to use the internal paths. Just connect Inputs on the grid to your main output. Et voila. I do that when playing to tracks.

I think it might even recognize the usb audio imoit if you use the right iPad cable....

Not certain but I think I read it works

I think it might even recognize the usb audio imoit if you use the right iPad cable....

Not certain but I think I read it works
I just bought a Lightning to USB B cable for use with midi.

My iPhone sees the audio interface from the Axe Fx III, although I haven't tried using it yet.

IPad should be the same.

Thanks. What internal paths do you find works best to maintain good quality audio from the phone? I have gone straight to the out, I have also used cabs and amps, but cant get a clean path that lets you hear the hear the audio clean.

Thanks. What internal paths do you find works best to maintain good quality audio from the phone? I have gone straight to the out, I have also used cabs and amps, but cant get a clean path that lets you hear the hear the audio clean.

I run an iPhone into In_3, and then 10 band GEQ to Out_2 (FRFR). 3 blocks only.

No amp or anything else. Plenty of gain on tap. Nice and clean (as far as mpg or Spotify goes ...)

Sometime I hang an RTA off of it for shits and grins. But usually just on the guitar signal.

GEQ worked really well- kept it clean and simple. Thanks for the tip.

I also got a lightning to USB B - need to try it out but think that will work great too and free up an input.

Thanks Bradlake. Used a lightning to USB B cable and works great. Only limitation, AND ITS A BIG ONE, is you cant adjust the volume on the IPAD/Iphone so you have your backing track blasting out a much higher volume than you are playing at and cant mix the two effectively. You pointed this out in your thread above. Have you found a way around this yet?

Back
Top Bottom