USB AUDIO - A Revelation and a Question...

bradlake

Axe-Master
I have been invited to participate/organize a jam /performance at a party tomorrow night, and I am rushing to try to incorporate my III as the hub of a modest PA with the capability of playing backing/dance tracks with whoever wants to grab an instrument or mic (there will be vocalists guitarists , sax players, at least. The revelation part is sorta as expected by me, that via the new USB Audio compliance, it is now possible to use iPhone/Pad to inject USB audio into the III (don't believe that was possible without a proper computer w/driver before..right?) Anyway, it appears that , according to the manual and my first experiments, that USB audio from the iPhone is hardwired directly to OUTPUT 1 and hence , there seems no way to adjust the balance
between the USB audio and guitar on that output, and the USB connection does not allow the volume to be controlled from the phone...Is there a trick in routing I haven't seen or figured out to make this happen, obviously I could use analog ins for the phone , but I am hoping to connect mic preamps and maybe other things to them.
Thanks if you have any clues...

I haven't tried this but it is an interesting idea. Any routing or level changes would need to be made on the phone, which you're saying is not possible. I'll talk to Apple.

I haven't tried this but it is an interesting idea. Any routing or level changes would need to be made on the phone, which you're saying is not possible. I'll talk to Apple.
go man go...kick some Cupertino ass for our benefit....in the meantime I have confirmed that volume control isn't happening on any of my IDevices ...maybe there some kinda
IOS mixer app that can help..

nope....looks like all the audio apps I've tested
go man go...kick some Cupertino ass for our benefit....in the meantime I have confirmed that volume control isn't happening on any of my IDevices ...maybe there some kinda
IOS mixer app that can help..

have the same limitation...BUT!!....REVELATION #2....you sure as heck can RECORD your III usb guitar signal INTO the iPad.....could come in handy,...

nope....looks like all the audio apps I've tested

have the same limitation...BUT!!....REVELATION #2....you sure as heck can RECORD your III usb guitar signal INTO the iPad.....could come in handy,...

If USB is going to use an input anyways, why not make or buy a stereo 3.5mm to left and right 1/4" ts jacks and just plug it into one of the inputs? Can use the lightening to 3.5mm input dongle if your device doesn't have a minijack

and thanks for heads up on using the Axe III as an ipad/iphone interface!

So, Is it possible to connect axe fx III directly to iPad (usb) and record using Auria, for exemple, while I'm playing live?

Back
Top Bottom