I would KILL for a patch like this.

Two singers??? Lame. I'll have to listen on something else. My iPod makes everything sound like crap.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

uhhh, any heavy patch and just drown it out with bass, alone its probably twangy trebly on detuned 7 strings.

That sounds like just about every amp sim with a TS808 in front of it... with a lot less bass... like Adam said, patch 74 would be much better...

This Stump track is great!! As for the OP, I agree that it's the djent Meshuggah type tone if you're trying to get the heavy sound. I'm pretty positive there's a Meshuggah patch or two floating around. Definitely gate it nice and tight. Don't actually have the gain up completely. I find it's better to have just enough to get the feel right and then that fat twang type tone comes through. Mesa Recto tones are popular or even the FAS Modern?

arrrrrg please give me my seconds of life back. Why bump a 6 month old horrific question ?

I always miss these old threads. It's like I've woken up and found out yesterday was two years ago.

Everything in that mix can be heard. I'd say the guitar tone is high in sub and about 2k. Why they wanted it that way is another story.

It sounds like it is all in the miking... I would try an off axis 57...shoved up your rectum approximately 12 inches to simulate that deep bottom sound. Try experimenting with various twists and turns and then tweak to satisfaction.

Yikes, what's with all the snarky comments towards this band? Didn't think the fractal crowd were so prejudiced. I actually listened to the whole album (not just 30 seconds...) and it is actually pretty darn good. Forget about what they look like or "djent" or any of these silly labels, there's some very solid and original riffage here. Definitely not a "Meshuggah clone", and definitely not as derivative as a lot of the other bands in this scene.

Just my two cents...

This Stump track is great!! As for the OP, I agree that it's the djent Meshuggah type tone if you're trying to get the heavy sound. I'm pretty positive there's a Meshuggah patch or two floating around. Definitely gate it nice and tight. Don't actually have the gain up completely. I find it's better to have just enough to get the feel right and then that fat twang type tone comes through. Mesa Recto tones are popular or even the FAS Modern?
+1, go for Recto New Orange or FAS Modern...
Regarding all the topic digression, if you say this mix is bad then you're a really bad ear, try to get such heavey guitar riffs and low notes mixed with very percusive drums and sub-low bass and you'll see this mix is not so bad...
For the guys detracting the band or the music style : Come on, get higher, you have the rights to dislike such music style or this band, but dont say it's shit. For many people your prefered band/music can be shit too... it just produces nothing.
The OP was just a need for help in tone creation, not a debate launch.

For the Original Poster : I would say the guitar, its tuning and pickups used are for 50% of the clear aspect of this sound. I dont have any 8 strings for trying to reproduce such tone :(

Luv how that guy walks past the camera smiling in the Final countdown clip, was the perfect touch to top off that debacle.

That synth tone is stuck in my head now, hahaha

Back
Top Bottom