I thought it would be red...

John Tisdale

Experienced
I don't know why, but for some reason, the most common reaction to someone I've told about the Axe-FX that finally sees mine for the first time is... "I thought it would be red..."

It's just odd, so I thought I'd share.

Second is "That's it?"

Now, after they hear it for the first time, it's a whole other story... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a confusion with the Eleven Rack ? Or maybe because the AxeFX is the Ferrari of modelers ^^
ElevenRack_Feat_ElevenRackHardware_enlarge.jpg

Maybe it's because of the the POD???
When people think of moddlers, they have a vision of the old PODs in their head?

I usually get the..."that's it?" reaction as well.

I have no idea what it is, even my bassist said it, and he's never had any kind of pod, or even heard the Eleven.

haha that is wierd. Most people I hear from already know it and want it or they have no clue what it is and think I'm crazy for not using a tube amp.
I do feel like they could steal a thing or to from the eleven rack UI. But as I'm sure we'd all agree, FAS puts more thought about whats in the box and how well it works rather than what it looks like. Fine by me!

Well, please don't shoot me, but orange is actually my favorite color. And that's got nothing to do with William or the rest of our royalty, nationalism and even less with soccer. Our national color is orange. after William of Orange, sort of founder of The Netherlands.

I would love to own a Metallic orange Parker Fly and a metallic orange Volvo. Don't think I ever will.

I had an 11R and it looked fine. The interface was pretty simple to use too. Dialing in a good tone was another thing all together, but pure aesthetics there's nothing wrong with it. Not that how it looked was massively important to me.

Honestly, if cared about what it looked like (I actually love the way the Axe looks, as is, but it's not exactly a major priority) I'd request purple.

The only thing I'm missing when comparing the eleven rack to the Axe is that awesome model railroad type power switch...

I'm good with the basic black as well, but it would be cool if there were color options. I like what some people have done with their units and the different custom case manufacturers. It would be nice to get your rig modified to resemble your favorite tube amp's color scheme or whatever other color scheme you liked. Not that I want Cliff and the FAS team to divert their attention away from firmware and future hardware development.

If FAS shared the faceplate specs (or someone wanted to take the time to create a schematic), it should be very easy to have a custom magnetic faceplate created. Picture a large refrigerator magnet. Once you had the template with the text and buttons on a transparent background, you could photoshop anything you wanted behind the text and just have them print up a magnetic faceplate cover.

Like this: Native Instruments Faceplate

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom