I think we will see a major product release very shortly from fractal!

People read things on internet forums and take it as truth/fact thesedays, rumors start, etc. Those types of things can have real bottom line consequences to companies. Fractal is a great company, Im not going to personally use their own forum to speculate on things that may cause them problems.
I don't really see how enthusiastic product users eagerly speculating about what features might come next (monotonous as it may seem at times) is irresponsible - in fact, I'd guess it's the kind of buzz that can be a good thing for the product and the company that makes it (and a sign of the good health of that product / company) - different folks / different perceptions I guess. If folks read what is obviously speculation as truth, then they are misreading - not sure there are so many that would misread that severely.

Last edited:
If the internet becomes convinced a new version is coming and starts to hold of buying the current version that could cause a slightly negative effect for Fractal. Until they come out and announce what they're currently working on/that Cliff was just on summer vacation for a bit.

But they're not publicly traded so it's not like stock speculation is going to start based on this entusiasit speculation.

I don't really see how enthusiastic product users eagerly speculating about what features might come next (monotonous as it may seem at times) is irresponsible -
in fact, I'd guess it's the kind of buzz that can be a good thing for the product and the company that makes it (and a sign of the good health of that product / company) - different folks / different perceptions I guess. If folks read what is obviously speculation as truth, then they are misreading - not sure there are so many that would misread that severely.
Yeah, not really talking about bug fix or enhancement requests. You have people openly speculating on product launches, ongoing litigation, health of the company, competitor moves, etc. I was saying I personally try to be responsible. People cam do what they want (obviously).

Rumors are weird. First, someone starts one. A major product release is right around the corner, a company might be failing because they haven’t handed out new firmware in a few weeks... whatever. You read that rumor. So does someone else. That someone else repeats the rumor, maybe on another forum. “Hey, I heard such-and-such.” Now you’ve heard that rumor from two places. It must be true. Over time, the rumor feeds itself.

A lot of people think that way. That’s why there’s so much outrage-bait political content on all sides. That’s why click bait works. People are hard-wired to be attracted to that stuff. And to spread it.

Rumors are weird. First, someone starts one. A major product release is right around the corner, a company might be failing because they haven’t handed out new firmware in a few weeks... whatever. You read that rumor. So does someone else. That someone else repeats the rumor, maybe on another forum. “Hey, I heard such-and-such.” Now you’ve heard that rumor from two places. It must be true. Over time, the rumor feeds itself.

A lot of people think that way. That’s why there’s so much outrage-bait political content on all sides. That’s why click bait works. People are hard-wired to be attracted to that stuff. And to spread it.
That Gutenberg and his pesky little printing press... If they only knew....

All three Fractal units are extremely powerful, great sounding, highly performing, gig capable amp/cab/effect modelers. Cliff just recently demonstrated that there is still a huge amount of life left in these units by adding Dyna Cab support for all three units. My Axe Fx III Turbo is so powerful that I would not be surprised if Cliff and his band of magicians don’t have a number of additional firmware updates in the works that will add even more functionality to the existing units!

Most people that think that way are already looking for something. They are seeing the negative when there is no negative to see. It infuriates me when someone says I've got this amazing tone (no matter what devices they use) and others start hammering away because it's not the device they have. That very thing has kept me away from the gearpage for years now.

I say we skip the IV and go straight to XI
This Is Spinal Tap (1984) - IMDb

Back
Top Bottom