I need help matching reverb (from an IR)

ApocalypticKatana

Experienced
I’m trying to match a reverb that I have made an impulse response from using a single sample impulse from a plugin.

And displaying that information in Room Eq wizard along with an impulse that I’ve made from the AXE 3’s reverb

Now my goal is I’m trying to match it as close as possible in the Axe Fx III

I’m just not sure the best way to go about it other than tweaking near endlessly on random parameters till the impulses get close to each other?

Last edited:
How long is it?
From what I see in the data in REW I think it ends at 2.9 seconds ish

(I’m not familiar using RT60 and all the other things apart from SPL & Phase in REW)

I’ll send it here when I get to my comp

I haven’t tried to import as a Full Res IR (think that’s not long enough anyway but would much rather prefer getting close to it with the Reverb block)

I use spectrograms. You can don't this in the time domain. And you can't do it purely in the frequency domain. You need both time and frequency localization so spectrograms are what I use.

The latest version of Fabfilter Pro-R can load reverb IR's and create an algorithmic equivalent, like a "verb match". Flick me the IR and I can load it in - it might provide a good starting point for some of the basic parameters.

@FractalAudio any idea how Fabfilter would be achieving this?

The latest version of Fabfilter Pro-R can load reverb IR's and create an algorithmic equivalent, like a "verb match". Flick me the IR and I can load it in - it might provide a good starting point for some of the basic parameters.

@FractalAudio any idea how Fabfilter would be achieving this?

EDIT: thanks @2112

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom