I need a low cost USB to MIDI Interface for PC

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I need a low cost USB to MIDI Interface for my PC, so I can use with my MFC-101 Mark I and eJoz Software Fedit MFC-101 Editor. I already own a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 and MOTU MIDI Express XT but need something that's portable and USB powered, so I can quickly make changes to my MFC-101 Song and Set Lists.

I know I can use my Axe-Fx II as a MIDI Interface but the MFC-101 Firmware Release Notes make it sound like we should be using a MIDI Interface. Also, my MFC-101 power adapter was DOA, so is it a real bad idea to power it with my Axe-Fx II Ethernet cable when sending and receiving MIDI dumps?

I've read a lot of bad reviews about the M-Audio MIDISport UNO but not sure if the M-Audio MIDIsport is any better. Has anyone used a Roland UM-ONE or have any other recommendations?

Watch out for M-Audio USB stuff, if you are a MAC user with OS X later than 10.7. Do some googling and you'll see how frustrated people are.

The Uno sucks but the Midisport 2x2 is good.

Anyone know if the MIDISPORT 1x1 or 2x2 works with Windows 8.1 32bit & 64bit? The M-Audio Support page only has drivers for windows 7 32bit & 64bit.

I tried out a Roland UM-ONE Mk2 but the cables are too short.

Back
Top Bottom