I love Shiva!!!

Xavi Garci

Inspired
The new Shiva is absolutely amazing, it is my favourite amp model now, and it inspired me to make some new recordings, here is the first one. I used the Shiva for every guitar on this recording, it is a very versatile amp, it has a beautiful clean and can go up to higher gain than I will ever need. I used one of Jay Mitchell's IRs for rhythm guitar and one of Redwire Ubercab V30 for the lead. Rhythm guitar is my Fender '54 Todd Krause masterbuilt, and lead is my Gibson Les Paul classic premium with Seymour Duncan Alnico pro II pickups. Amp settings are almost default for every guitar, I only changed gain and eq, just like I would on a real amp. One of the best things about the latest firmware updates is that most of the amps sound perfect with default settings, there is no need to get crazy with advanced parameters. You just choose a nice IR and play guitar. Thank you very much again, Cliff.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9316634

Thank you! I can post my patches if you like, but as I said on my previous post, every amp parameter is default, except gain and eq, you should change gain and eq for your own guitar, anyway, so I don't think my patches can be very useful. I will post them anyway as soon as I can.

Very nice! Which Uberkab IR did you use?

I get asked for patches too but there's really no point in giving them when they are so simple and close to stock settings. It's more about how your guitar fits the IR.

You are a bad, bad man! Nicely done.

Exceptional as always; I agree with you, Shiva is da' bomb! You make it sing.

Thank you so much everyone! For the lead guitar I used Redwire Ubercab v30 sm57 1", if I recall correctly, I think it was the same Scott Peterson recommended on some of his posts. Thank you, Scott, your posts are always very informative. Jay Mitchell's IRs are wonderful too, they sound very real, as if the amp was really in the room. I wish I had more of his IRs, they're just perfect. I will try to post the patch tomorrow, just to show that it is useless, it is so simple anyone can dial it in a moment.

Xavi Garci said:
The new Shiva is absolutely amazing, it is my favourite amp model now ... it is a very versatile amp, it has a beautiful clean and can go up to higher gain than I will ever need.

Thank you very much again, Cliff.
A big +1 here as well. Xavi, great playing and feel as usual.

Cliff, thanks so much for your tireless dedication (and tremendous skill, obviously). The Shiva Lead is SO versatile. With drive at ~1 and the master at ~8, it has a nice, well-behaved breakup which can be used for blues on the neck or crunch rhythm on the bridge, it cleans up beautifully with light playing, or can get gnarly pretty fast with a boost in front of it. Love it!

Xavi,

Everytime you post a clip I get one step closer to getting an Axe-Fx. You demonstrate the dynamics I want in my amps.
Musically you enrich my life. Thank you!!!!

BTW, in case you could record a clean sound type of tune using a sort of Larry Carton smooth jazz sound or similar and post it I would be most thankful. That's the only sound I have not yet heard from the Axe-Fx that I need.

Cheers,

Mats N

Thank you very much for all your kind comments. Here is the patch, as I promised. I don't think it will be very useful, it is very simple, as you can see, everything except gain and eq is default. For the delay I copied settings from one of factory presets (2290 delay), tempo 1/4. Reverb is also from one of factory presets (PCM70 hall, IIRC), and cab is Redwirez Ubercab V30, SM57 1" cap edge. I used my Les Paul with SD Alnico pro II, you will need to adjust gain and perhaps eq with other pickups. I hope you enjoy it, any suggestions are welcome. For the rhythm guitar I used Jay Mitchell "marshally" IR, I'm not sure if it is still available, it is a wonderful IR, I love Jay's IRs, they sound incredibly "real" for me. I didn't save that patch, but it was even more simple, Shiva clean, gain and master about 70%, spring reverb medium about 10% mix, Jay's IR, simple and effective, it fits very well in the mix, imho.

Attachments

• Xavi shiva.syx
    2 KB · Views: 89
I share your love for the Shiva and the Überkab IRs.
Very tasty clip man (sound and playing), but I didn't expect anything less from you.

Back
Top Bottom