I lost the love of my life, my muse and inspiration and sens of living on 10th of August

Hard to find words that don't seem cliche. It's a sad time for you that I cannot imagine, but I hope you feel a little better as time goes by.

Sorry for your loss. So sad to read. Having lost both parents, two brothers a nephew to suicide and some close in-laws and friends I’m no stranger to loss. My wife and I have just celebrated 31 years of marriage and after reading your wonderful dedication to your love I know I am lucky and blessed. Both of us are now 57 and every so often I will allow myself to ponder what life would be like without her. It’s a crushing thought that I can’t dwell very long or I begin to breakdown. When we’re young it’s easy to keep such thoughts far from our reality. Take care of yourself and I hope you receive only things to make you stronger through this painful time. Peace…

I can't even imagine, I'm truly sorry you're having to go through this. I can't help but think about my wife, she's everything to me. I will give her a huge hug!

Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

I am so, so sorry to hear of your wife's passing. It's clear from your writing what a beautiful person she is. Please take good care of yourself, and we'll be thinking of you, praying for you, and holding our loved ones more closely in honor of her tonight.

🙏
I want to thank you all and I try my best not to loose the joy and sense of life completely.
I took care of her on every aspect of life - housholding, cooking (the things she was able to eat that changed dayly sometimes), work, appointments at doctors changing furniture in house and building littel things for supporting her and making things easier and many more... worked from home most time that I can do all this and be there if she needs something or to drive her to doctor if something was wrong and so she was the only thing that really matters at this time. More than before. So now this is over I fell like falling because there is nothing and no one anymore to take care for.

🙏
I want to thank you all and I try my best not to loose the joy and sense of life completely.
I took care of her on every aspect of life - housholding, cooking (the things she was able to eat that changed dayly sometimes), work, appointments at doctors changing furniture in house and building littel things for supporting her and making things easier and many more... worked from home most time that I can do all this and be there if she needs something or to drive her to doctor if something was wrong and so she was the only thing that really matters at this time. More than before.

She was blessed with a super supportive husband. I am sure that made her life much easier.

So now this is over I fell like falling because there is nothing and no one anymore to take care for.

Take a look in the mirror. That guy could use a bit of love and caring right about now....

🙏
I took care of her on every aspect of life - housholding, cooking (the things she was able to eat that changed dayly sometimes), work, appointments at doctors changing furniture in house and building littel things for supporting her and making things easier and many more... worked from home most time that I can do all this and be there if she needs something or to drive her to doctor if something was wrong and so she was the only thing that really matters at this time. More than before. So now this is over I fell like falling because there is nothing and no one anymore to take care for.

Sorry for the massive emptiness in your life right now. That has to be a huge hole.

Caregivers often have it harder than those they care for, especially when those they care for pass away.
The loss of meaning and purpose is real.

I hope you can find that place in your heart where you know that she would want you to be fulfilled and
happy again someday.

🙏
So now this is over I fell like falling because there is nothing and no one anymore to take care for.
Look around you, brother. You’ll see a man lying crushed on the floor. He could use a little care right now.

Let him grieve when grief strikes him, but make sure there’s a sandwich and some comfort for him when he gets hungry or tired or sore. During moments of calm in the storm — and those moments will come — bring him with you to connect with someone who is important to you and your wife, at least for a little while, even if he tells you he’d rather stay home. Ask yourself what your wife would do if she saw you like this. You can honor her by doing those things that she would do.

As time moves on, and you are not so bothered by open wounds, you might discover that your dear muse has left you with enough inspiration to last a lifetime.

🙏
You were a wonderful husband and it is common to feel lost now. Let other people love and help you if they ask. Try not to isolate, but at the same time if you need time alone take it. All your feelings are legitimate. Peace to you. 🙏

A friend of mine recently lost her husband to cancer. She did everything for him for five years, and passed at home surrounded by loved ones and at peace. The problem is now, is taking care of him was her life, and she has no idea what to do with herself now. I think she's constantly thinking there is something she should be doing for him, but she needs to be taking care of herself. It's been three months now, and she's still in caregiver mode. She's not even all that comfortable leaving the house, because she feels like she needs to be there. I guess it's hard to let that feeling go.

I just say this because I hope you can find a way to take care of yourself. It probably won't be overnight, but if someone calls you to hang out, try and go. Spend time with others when you can, and if you need quiet time take it. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom