I guess GAS never stops

AlGrenadine

Legend!
Vendor
These last months i thought my gas had ben healed by fractal audio...
Unfortunately, this illness can mute from guitar gas to something completely different : pinballs!

Oh my god, these beauties cost more than guitars :(

I'm sure there's some pinball fans here, please don't share pictures of your rare models that wouldn't help ;)

This will help:

Get the most expensive, flashiest pinball machine you can afford. Install a dedicated Axe-Fx, and route the audio through it. Get a power amp, and mount a pair of CLRs on top. A couple of expression pedals for sound morphing will round out the deal.

This will help:

Get the most expensive, flashiest pinball machine you can afford. Install a dedicated Axe-Fx, and route the audio through it. Get a power amp, and mount a pair of CLRs on top. A couple of expression pedals for sound morphing will round out the deal.
Ahah Rex, to be honest i'm nearly considering selling my clrs to buy pinballs ;)

Ahah Rex, to be honest i'm nearly considering selling my clrs to buy pinballs ;)
Okay. Different approach.

Build a RAC12 equivalent for pinball. Dial in flipper response curve presets that you can choose on the fly with footswitches. Own that little steel ball!

This will help:

You have to play “Pinball Wizard” in its entirety, flawlessly, or the machine will tilt

I used to have one (vintage) in my home. But owning one kind of took the fun out of it.

I think I might be a liitle embarassed to say I was really good at donkey kong...
...and i have longed to own one in perfect condition...oh wait this is a pinball thread...sorry! :(

A buddy just bought one of those kits to use a couple flat screen tv's with that lets you load virtual boards, he says it's awesome... not cheap but cool.

I started with pong, then tons of arcades, then oddyssey, then Matel Intellivision; no one could beat me at baseball!

I'm fortunate enough to live ten minutes from the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. Countless classic machines from the 1940s to present. And most still cost 25 cents to play. They have a full-time on-premises tech to keep them in top condition. Lots of classic arcade games too. 10,000 square feet of pinball awesomeness. Their list of 152 machines is out-dated. They have more than that now.

http://www.pinballmuseum.org/

They have most of the machines I loved as a kid. And you can get a large bag of fresh popcorn for a quarter. It's like stepping into a time machine. I seriously considered buying one before I moved here. Now I have pinball nirvana right in my own neighborhood.

Last edited:
I'm fortunate enough to live ten minutes from the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. Countless classic machines from the 1940s to present. And most still cost 25 cents to play. They have a full-time on-premises tech to keep them in top condition. Lots of classic arcade games too. 10,000 square feet of pinball awesomeness. Their list of 152 machines is out-dated. They have more than that now.

http://www.pinballmuseum.org/

They have most of the machines I loved as a kid. And you can get a large bag of fresh popcorn for a quarter. It's like stepping into a time machine. I seriously considered buying one before I moved here. Now I have pinball nirvana right in my own neighborhood.
I live in a pinball desert ;)
Having one at home is something very different

GAS can take many forms. I have several permutations myself. The most damaging to my bank account by far is motorcycles. There are always more go-fast parts to buy.

Back
Top Bottom