I am looking for a good electric piano for home use

I've been playing a lot of keys lately. I have a lot of VST's for acoustic piano including some Bosendorfer sampled library in my Yamaha MODX which sound great but my absolute fav of all my options is Keyscape. I'm in love with the LA Custom C7 models. My vote is find yourself a 61-76 midi keyboard that feels good to you. Don't have to drop loads of cash. Invest in Keyscape. In terms of piano...that's all you'd ever need. There's loads of other amazing value offered in Keyscape..epianos etc. WIth a midi keyboard you also have the options to add other fun synth VST's as you go. Little or as much as you want. I think this was maybe discussed earlier in the thread but style of playing you want is very important deciding size of keyboard. 61 keys i think will leave you wanting more unless you just want basic dabbling doing say pop songs /synths. but a more classical style...you'll want minimum 76 keys... i'd be very happy with a 76er but less options in that size it seems. I have my Native Instruments S88 mk2. It does the job but i'm not overly fond of the keybed. It's kinda made for Popeye arms/hands so its a good workout at least. I may end up swapping it out for something else down the road here

If you want to go down the possibly very deep rabbit hole of which midi keyboard to choose...haha. I"ve def been down that hole a few times, a good resource is a youtube channel I follow. Sanjay C. look him up if you don't know him. He does loads of synth/keyboard reviews is pretty objective and usually focused on feel more than features. SO you can search his channel based on if you want 61 keys or say full 88. He does lots of comparisons. One keyboard i was actually recently considering was the NOvation SL MK3. I liked the feature set and in my case its heavily integrated with abelton live but despite that looks like a solid, albeit premium priced for a midi keyboard....anyhow there are some great choices out there

Last edited:
For that classic Fender Rhodes vibe without breaking the bank, have you considered exploring the used market? Sometimes you can find gems at reasonable prices. Another option is the Yamaha CP series; they offer excellent acoustic piano emulation with that vintage feel.

Just to say it, all the keyboard players in both videos make me feel like, even after playing since 6th grade (71 now), I just solidly suck, right out loud for real. Thank you goodnight.
Don't worry, there is lots of players who feels much more worse about their skills :D

Like me, not even level of novice. But anyway I like to search sounds and try things with my Pa4X
and when playing home that no one is there to see my crappy playing I even enjoy of trying things
even I'm not any pianist etc. :D ---> And sometimes I can enjoy that finding some simple base preset
like Pan Flute DN1 in Pa4X.
My motto is very simple, if music sounds good and make us happy then things have done correctly.

My crappy playing -->

Back
Top Bottom