Hum-Problem with FX8 and Mesa Boogie Tripple Crown 50 Head-Amp

pezi1707

First of all excuse my english - it's really poor.

To connect the FX8 to my Amp I'm using the 4-Cable-Methode. With this settings the hum is very loud.
(Guitar - FX8, Humbuster cable from FX 8 to Amp Guitar in, Amp FX send to FX8-Input with a normal TS-Cable and Output FX8 to AMP-FX return with a Humbuster Cable)

If I don't use the 4-Cable-Methode and use only the FX-Loop from the Mesa-AMP (AMP FX-send and Return to FX8 and guitar in the AMP guitar in) I've no problems only a little hiss, but I think therefore a noisegate will help.

Many thanks for helping me.

greetings
Peter

Just checking to make sure you're inserting the TRS end of the Humbuster cables into the FX8.
Have you tried without using the Humbuster cables for the 4CM?

Hi!
I've been using the AX8 (not the FX8) with the 4CM. As I didn't have humbuster cables I used the Morley Ebtech Hum Eliminator between amp and AX8. This piece of gear is not too expensive and solves most of the common hum/fizz/noise-issues. In my case, my presets were absolutely quiet, while they were humming badly without the Hum Eliminator.
Good luck!

I am using the FX8 with a TC-50 combo and Humbusters. No hum issues. Make certain you are plugging the the FX8 and the TC-50 into the same electrical outlet and running the Humbusters like below,

fx8_humbuster.png

fx8-diagram-ss.png

I also shared “ALL” of my song based FX8 presets that are designed for the Mesa TC-50 in the following thread as well.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/blown-away-by-the-fx8-mkii-xs-journey.120464/page-7

You could look at a few & see what’s different, but in the end, no setting on the FX8 will remove a ground loop if that’s what you have.

The 4cm can create a ground loop very easily too. FYI

Make sure you plug both power cords into the same outlet as well.

Again, good luck! Once you chase this out you will be VERY happy with the end results!

X

Hi,
thank you for supporting me I appriciate. I've tried every Cable-Settings (with or without Humbuster cable, TRS-side of Humbuster-Cable in the FX8 ...) but nothing changed - the hum is still very loud.

The next step I'll try is the Ebtech-Hum Eliminator. I've ordered the Ebtech Hum Eliminator and I think I'll get it in the next 3 days.
The Hum-Eliminator has 2 Channels. I'll try following Connection:

Guitar to FX 8
FX8 (Humbuster) - Hum-Eliminator (Channel 1) - Amp-Guitar Input
FX-Send Amp - FX8 - Input
FX8 out (Humbuster) - Hum Eliminator (Channel 2) - FX-return Amp

I hope this will work.

Unfortunately I'can't get the Ebtech Hum-X in Europe - I think it's only for the USA market.
So I'd to buy the Ebtech Hum-Elminator 2 but the Thomann-guys told me that it should work.

Back
Top Bottom