Very cool! Been wondering when those invectives would be starting to hit the streets. A buddy had one on order but cancelled when he got notice that it would take longer than orinally planned. He ordered one of the new EVH EL34 50W heads today and should have it Thursday. Looking forward to hearing it when i go up to jam this weekend. I had the 6L6 version prior to the TC50, and liked it, but not quite as much as the TC.

Thanks X-Mann for posting your presets too. Hoping to download and try some od them out. Weekends are my only time I have for real playing lately and this weekend is rehearsal with the band, and it's a much longer commute than most wouls endure. About a 4 hour drive Saturday, play Sunday and come home Monday morning. Crazy, but its with some great old friends and it's a lot of fun.

That 5153 EL34 50W does look like it'll be great. With that said, the Invective is a beast of an amp. Just amazing tones and an insane amount of features. I saw a post about that 50W and it did make me curious but I'm seriously happy right now. As much as I love the TC this has me thinking about the possibility of running the Invective's preamp into the TC's power amp (with EL34s) in my stereo rig. I'm not quite at that point yet, but the thought has crossed my mind.

And thanks for reminding me. I guess I can go ahead and call Sweetwater to cancel my order now. Unless I want a second one...hmmm.... :D

Anyway, back on topic...I'm looking forward to checking out some of X's presets. Now to finish hooking up this FX8 stereo rig....

And thanks for reminding me. I guess I can go ahead and call Sweetwater to cancel my order now. Unless I want a second one...hmmm.... :D
Serious belly laugh on that one! That really sounds like something my buddy would do... conveniently forget so that he could get two. (For that matter, I could just about do that myself.)

Fellow X-Fans, FX8 Fans, Guitar Lovers & Gear Whores.....:eek:.....I appreciate everyone here & all the help, love & conversations over the years.

Here are ALL of my FX8 presets for my Modern Rock cover band gig.

Please look at these presets as building blocks & or a starting point. I hope they help you in some way/shape or form.

**ALL FX8 presets are set-up for a Mesa TC-50 amp, Carvin Guitars w/ PAF (C22 & S22) pickups.....& V30 Guitar speakers.

Here’s the list of song based presets & I use a left to right “Scene” based system.

Any song labeled “@“ 1st means the song is in Drop-D tuning.

Photo%20Oct%2024%2C%206%2000%2000%20PM.jpg

Here are my amp settings that work w/ these presets.
Photo%20Oct%2024%2C%206%2001%2029%20PM.jpg

To understand the amp channel used for each Preset “Scene”.....Go to the “Config” tab & then select “Midi PC”.......Here you will see my amp channels per each scene.
1 = Clean Amp Channel
2 = Mid Gain Amp Channel
3 = High Gain (Red) Channel

Examples:
Photo%20Oct%2024%2C%206%2004%2031%20PM.jpg

Most scenes use the Red High Gain Channel though. :D
Photo%20Oct%2024%2C%206%2005%2033%20PM.jpg

There are also some older presets from my previous band as well.......
Photo%20Oct%2024%2C%206%2000%2004%20PM.jpg

X’s FX8 Free Classic/Modern Rock Preset Pack Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pwcwq1i03bv9wqf/AABcXkGNGiv702u-Gh49btvLa?dl=0

Please let me know if you can’t download from this link as I’ve never done it this way before.

If these do work in some way for you, I’d love to hear about it. If they don’t work.....then....um......Yea...Sorry!

Check out: Little Monster (Scene #2) for a great cocked wah lead tone or Cherub Rock (Scene #3) for a great Ring Mod lead w/ Digital Delay....

X

Note: The presets from my YouTube Videos have been updated & are included here as well. I’m still using the same system of preset name w/ the BPM in the heading & the tempo pre-set to this inside each one. This can be overwritten by just tapping in a new tempo on the fly.

********If this works well, I’ll start a new thread here & on TGP........but let’s test this w/ guys that read this thread 1st. ;) *********
Ok....This seems to be working out very well & it was shared in the FX8 Users group on Facebook too.

I’ll have a rig run-Thru video done early next week & I’ll go over some of these new presets too!

The only adjustments you’ll need to make with these presets and your amp of choice is the drive pedals gain & level. I find that the tube amp used makes a big difference in these settings. I have 3-different sets of FX8 presets based on what tube amp I use.

If anything, these (Free) Presets show my method for using the FX8 in a live show.

Note: A lot of the Scene #1’s have a filter boost either already on w/ a 1.25 dB Boost....or ready to be used. I may start a song intro with it on & then turn it off when the singer starts to sing. My solo boosts w/ the current band are at around 4.0 dB, but with my previous (quieter) band it was set to 3.25 dB.

A lot of “Scene #2’s” just turn on a “Chorus or phaser” block w/ a .5 dB boost inside the chorus block itself. This is used to just make a chorus section of a song a little bigger & stand out more.

Make these presets your own & or learn from my mistakes.

Good luck & Peace!

X

Last edited:
I was able to get to your DB, there are 2 sys files. I downed them both. Will provide feedback (pun) when I have a chance to try them out. Thanks for making these available X-Mann!
Very good Steve & I hope something works for you man.

I don’t believe that FX8 presets are 100% interchangeable because of the tube amps used.......BUT.....I think with a few minor adjustments.....great progress can be made.

Make these presets your own now & tweak away.

Some will stand out more then others.

The Cherub Rock Scene #3 solo is very cool....as well as the Killing in the Name toe down octave thingy.

Highway Tune has a great Mid bump to get that honkey SG tone.....& Little Monster has a great fixed wah thing going on for the solo section.

I don’t use the expression pedal as a volume control & take care of that w/ filters in each preset.

I use the wah pedal a lot.....& just love the phaser, chorus, TS808 & Digital Delay.

Peace! X

I must chime in here.

X’s presets are just awesome. He and I connected offline and he was gracious to share these with me a while back. I was in a bind and needed some usable presets for many of the same songs mine and his band play.

Untouched....they were great. Slightly tweaked for my amp, which is a combo and my guitars which are mainly Les Pauls, these are awesome! They inspired me to make a lot of my own song presets. It was interesting to see how our minds actually worked similarly on how we design presets.
I learned some cool new tricks from his ideas and came up with a few of my own. He has a good ear for mildly tweaking the TS808 to grasp the feel of various tunes.

As he stated....you may need to tweak to your tastes and learn his layout method. Trust me, it’s worth the time and effort.

I used to use generic presets for 80% of my bands tunes....now I’m on a new path utilizing more of what the FX8 has to offer.

It’s amazing that I have sold over $1500 worth of pedals after purchasing the FX8 for $850 B-stock(which I still can see how it was a B stock) and my tone is better and easier to manage than ever before.

I tip my hat to Xmann....he is a generous and kind gentleman.

@Xmann
Keep Rockin Bro

I must chime in here.

X’s presets are just awesome. He and I connected offline and he was gracious to share these with me a while back. I was in a bind and needed some usable presets for many of the same songs mine and his band play.

Untouched....they were great. Slightly tweaked for my amp, which is a combo and my guitars which are mainly Les Pauls, these are awesome! They inspired me to make a lot of my own song presets. It was interesting to see how our minds actually worked similarly on how we design presets.
I learned some cool new tricks from his ideas and came up with a few of my own. He has a good ear for mildly tweaking the TS808 to grasp the feel of various tunes.

As he stated....you may need to tweak to your tastes and learn his layout method. Trust me, it’s worth the time and effort.

I used to use generic presets for 80% of my bands tunes....now I’m on a new path utilizing more of what the FX8 has to offer.

It’s amazing that I have sold over $1500 worth of pedals after purchasing the FX8 for $850 B-stock(which I still can see how it was a B stock) and my tone is better and easier to manage than ever before.

I tip my hat to Xmann....he is a generous and kind gentleman.

@Xmann
Keep Rockin Bro
Yes, Finnster is my Evil Twin & been SO great to work w/ and talk gear set-ups....& Guitars......& just about everything else too!

He’s also learned that I’m like a Gremlin & don’t feed it or get it wet (aka Talk about Guitars. Gear or playing) or it will never leave you alone!!!! :eek:

My only hesitation in sharing was that I’m still learning & keep updating & changin things as I learn more. I have spent a great deal of time w/ a few very specific blocks.

I test all of these presets w/ my band & make them at FULL BAND VOLUME & this is really KEY to the mix levels needed overall.

I should add that I use the GLOBAL FX mix & Noise gate mix a little bit now to fine tune for the room I’m in at each gig.

I think the #1 thing that I learned is that you need to work-out your “System” for LIVE performance before making a lot of presets.

I went with a seperate song based preset for each song we play in the band. This was not my original intent at the very start. Over time I realized that I wanted to tweak each preset & not effect the others.

I could go on & on for days talking about the process, but I’ll spare you my dribble. :D

I’m willing to help anyone out, but results may vary. Finn & I have the exact same amp (Mesa TC-50) & personal tastes as far as amp tones go. This was a great starting point......

Years ago I drew the line in the sand gear wise & said “I use Carvin/Kiesel Guitars, like PAF (Not Hot) pickups, I’m a V30 speaker guy....& a bunch more......It really helped me to play more & focus on sounding better thru practice.

Finn was SO cool to me, that he sent a gift card that was not expected, needed or something he had to do for me AT ALL. I bought a new Dimarzio strap for my incoming Kiesel Greg Howe Vintage Strat......& the “Hired Gun” documentary DVD that I waited for over 2-years to be released. “Thank you” for this & all the great preset feedback.....You are on my “X’s new presets” list for life buddy! Call me if you need any help or want me to try to make a specific preset for you.

Oh.....The one button/quick switching, scenes & stellar FX in the FX8 still amaze me....& I feel that there’s no better product out there that’s designed to just do what the FX8 does for real Tube amps. This product was designed specifically for me & I LOVE It!!!!

Have a great weekend guys & Happy Halloween too!

X

Last edited:
Hey Guys.....I had a killer Halloween show & Birthday show w/ the FX8 & it just shined on ALL levels!!!!

I’m going to share a few random pics.....& a pic & or video of my new Kiesel Guitar too. It’s also my 1st one w/ a mini humbucker & a great single coil neck pickup too!

Paranormal Sister - Halloween 2017
Photo%20Oct%2028%2C%202%2009%2011%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2030%2C%2012%2044%2042%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2030%2C%205%2010%2002%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2029%2C%203%2001%2004%20AM.jpg

Here’s the new Guitar & my 1st tone test using the FX8....

Photo%20Nov%2010%2C%201%2027%2038%20PM.jpg

1st tone test.....

Birthday gig - 2017

The new FX8 presets worked VERY well....& all the songs went over except “Song #3” by Stone Sour.

The bass player wanted to sound check w/ a totally new song & sent me this info on Saturday morning, about an hour from packing up to leave....So...I learned it & turned it into a little Facebook Birthday promo....

Photo%20Nov%2011%2C%202%2015%2005%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2011%2C%201%2049%2004%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2012%2C%204%2042%2035%20PM.jpg

& we have a fan that does a Facebook Live video every time we play the song “Highway Tune” by Greta Van Fleet too....This is a tune where I don’t do the original solo & just wank in Em!

I couldn’t be any happier with my tones & set-up. The system I use works perfect for me in a live setting....& the tone feels great & makes me play better too! #aintitfun

I did do the Firmware update to both the FX8 & to my AX8 & still can’t believe that we get these for FREE!

Peace! X

Last edited:
Nice X! I can't see the videos from work but I can see the pics and they're great. You guys look awesome and the guy in the middle looks sooooo much like Cesar Romero's Joker in that pic! That's nuts!!

I'm glad the B-Day gig went well. I meant to stop in and say it before, but happy birthday man!

The TC-50/FX-8/212 rig is so nice and compact. I almost miss it lol. I'm still working on the stereo rig. I have a plan that'll let me use both the TC-50 and Invective preamps AND both FX loops (the plan was trickier and took more research than I expected). I really wanted to use both preamp sections because they're so well done. Just one more item to add and I should be "done"; it should be here by next week.

The pedalboard I'm using now is 32" wide not including any wah, volume, or expression pedals. That's almost as big as my FX8 board was with 2 expression pedals on it! Luckily I don't play gigs so I don't have to worry about transportability! lol

Hey X-Mann - any reason why you moved away from the Runt and to the TC? I've been eyeballing the Runt and the TC and was hoping to get a little feedback.

Hey X-Mann - any reason why you moved away from the Runt and to the TC? I've been eyeballing the Runt and the TC and was hoping to get a little feedback.
Sure.....The Runt 50 is an amazing amp & almost perfect. It doesn’t have a Master Volume & the taper on the clean pot goes from 0 to ON.....& that makes it hard to adjust on the fly if needed.

The Mesa TC-50 amp has a stellar Master Volume & more gain on the Red Channel....

I’m being Uber picky here so please take all of this with a grain of salt. The Runt has a much better XLR out & is more detailed in tone.

I still have the Runt & use it for recording & at practice. It’s also my back-up, but I may take it back out gigging next month too.

I just sent through this entire thread & took a trip down memory lane & I really like the Runt Tones I was getting a lot!!!!

Don’t read much into anything I do either.....:eek: You can hear me playing the exact same songs on both amps using the same guitars......so you can decide what one you like better....

X

Hey....Get the new EVH 50 watt EL34 based 5153 amp So I don’t have to!!!! Lol

It has midi amp channel switching & they fixed the shared volume & gain knobs for channels 1&2....

Last edited:
Enjoying this thread. I’ve been using an Axe-Fx for a couple of years, but I’ve been leaning towards returning to an amp for a while. Something more appealing to me to be “limited” to channel switching amp. The TC-50 and the FX-8 is really appealing to me.

Looking at your rig pics, I don’t see a mic in front of your cab. Are you using Mesa’s cab clone for FOH?

Of course, one of the great features of the Axe-Fx is the ability to run one channel to FOH and a second channel to stage monitor, each with individual volume control. Does the cab clone work similarly - is the clone output signal independent of the volume coming through the amp’s cab? In other words, if I turn up the amp’s master for stage volume does that bump the output to the board as well?

Thanks

Enjoying this thread. I’ve been using an Axe-Fx for a couple of years, but I’ve been leaning towards returning to an amp for a while. Something more appealing to me to be “limited” to channel switching amp. The TC-50 and the FX-8 is really appealing to me.

Looking at your rig pics, I don’t see a mic in front of your cab. Are you using Mesa’s cab clone for FOH?

Of course, one of the great features of the Axe-Fx is the ability to run one channel to FOH and a second channel to stage monitor, each with individual volume control. Does the cab clone work similarly - is the clone output signal independent of the volume coming through the amp’s cab? In other words, if I turn up the amp’s master for stage volume does that bump the output to the board as well?

Thanks
Hey.....

Yes, I use the Cab Clone XLR output at gigs direct to the board w/ a Little EQ. I set my amp volume for Stage Volume 1st & then they tweak the XLR out to the Mains. Changing the Master affects both the speaker & XLR output.

I also get Guitar in my wedge too & have no issues w/ this set-up. I have been thinking about mic’ing the cabinet from time to time, but just haven’t due to the great sounds I’m getting.

This is the best guitar rig I’ve ever had & or sounded, so I’m a little bias to the FX8 & TC-50.

I still run my FX8 w/ a Friedman Runt 50 & a Carvin Legacy 3 at practices as well.

Good luck on your tone quest.

Peace! X

Last edited:
Hey.....

Yes, I use the Cab Clone XLR output at gigs direct to the board w/ a Little EQ. I set me amp volume for Stage Volume 1st & then they tweak the XLR out to the Mains. Changing the Master affects both the speaker & XLR output.

I also get Guitar in my wedge too & have no issues w/ this set-up. I have been thinking about mic’ing the cabinet from time to time, but just haven’t due to the great sounds I’m getting.

This is the best guitar rig I’ve ever had & or sounded, so I’m a little bias to the FX8 & TC-50.

I still run my FX8 w/ a Friedman Runt 50 & a Carvin Legacy 3 at practices as well.

Good luck on your tone quest.

Peace! X

Thanks - I’ve lurked around, following your posts and the rig looks like it would fill my needs nicely. And, bonus, it would be one less piece to lug around compared to my Axe-Fx XL / MFC / CLR gear.

The hardest part would be saying goodbye to my XL and MFC. I saved for so long to get it, and it’s an incredible piece of gear and I’m reluctant to sell it. If the budget would swing it, I’d use it with the TC-50 and control it all with the MFC. But the idle $ of capability that the XL would have unused is too much for me to justify.

I’ll see what the next few weeks has to offer. Really hoping to find a local dealer with a TC on the floor to demo.

Thanks for the response and all the GAS fuel your posts and videos provide!

Is this patch available on axchange?
Hey, hey my Fractal brothers.....

I thought I'd share my basic reaction & just plain shock as to how good the new FX8 is.....

My Fractal journey started not that long ago w/ the AX8......Here's a link to where I had my eyes opened by Fractal Audio & its killer community.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-ax8-mann-cometh-pics-video-audio-review.114059/

I'm still in love with the AX8 & have been in the ultimate tone quest in 2016. ALL Roads lead back to Fractal!!!! FWIW

I've always been an amp modeling guy because I like fast switching, where I can go from a crystal clean tone w/ chorus & reverb to a distorted tone w/ delay in one button press. Plus I've never owned a stellar 2-channel tube amp that BOTH channels Rocked my world.

Enter the new Friedman Runt 50 & the FX8......
FE29FA42-71D7-48F7-BEBF-3456B6C2887B_zpswcdxpklq.jpg

I now know what it's like to have the best of both worlds.....tone....& FX wise!!!

Guitar rigs can be built for different playing environments & needs......This is a PRO level rig that shakes the ground & could be taken on a World Tour!
50AC1141-AE0F-4CB2-8466-6EAE233B13F5_zpsb5bgheed.jpg

I LOVE that the FX8 can change Amp channels & love the layout.....The drive pedals in the FX8 feel more real & respond just like the real ones do in this set-up.

The stock presets have amazing/lush chorus, phaser & flanger Fx already set-up......& I'm using tap tempo for the 1st time ever too!

I feel blessed to have 2-killer rigs & this has also helped me dial in the AX8 even better then before amp wise....

5213EAFE-9EF0-41FC-A65B-FB6FDBCBFF1F_zpsnj8hwjgf.jpg

I now see the purpose for each unit (AX8 & FX8) & see Cliffs brilliance on a new level!!!

I was away on vacation right after I got this.....but made a few quick 1st impression video clips.....

Here's the TC 2290 delay & the drive channel of the Friedman Runt in 4-cable mode...(no drive pedal)

I'm getting great mid-gain tones on the clean channel & w/ the RC boost pedal......& the TS808 into the Friedman's drive channel is just insane!!!!

Long live Fractal Audio.....& all of these wonderful products!!!

Peace! X-Mann

PS - All I can say is that you get everything that you pay for & more when you purchase a Fractal product. I'm just happy to have found all of these great companies to created music with.....Kiesel Guitars, Friedman amps (& the ASM-12).......& Fractal Audio (AX8, FX8 & Axe Fx ii)......

More to follow...........

Hey, hey my Fractal brothers.....

I thought I'd share my basic reaction & just plain shock as to how good the new FX8 is.....

My Fractal journey started not that long ago w/ the AX8......Here's a link to where I had my eyes opened by Fractal Audio & its killer community.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-ax8-mann-cometh-pics-video-audio-review.114059/

I'm still in love with the AX8 & have been in the ultimate tone quest in 2016. ALL Roads lead back to Fractal!!!! FWIW

I've always been an amp modeling guy because I like fast switching, where I can go from a crystal clean tone w/ chorus & reverb to a distorted tone w/ delay in one button press. Plus I've never owned a stellar 2-channel tube amp that BOTH channels Rocked my world.

Enter the new Friedman Runt 50 & the FX8......
FE29FA42-71D7-48F7-BEBF-3456B6C2887B_zpswcdxpklq.jpg

I now know what it's like to have the best of both worlds.....tone....& FX wise!!!

Guitar rigs can be built for different playing environments & needs......This is a PRO level rig that shakes the ground & could be taken on a World Tour!
50AC1141-AE0F-4CB2-8466-6EAE233B13F5_zpsb5bgheed.jpg

I LOVE that the FX8 can change Amp channels & love the layout.....The drive pedals in the FX8 feel more real & respond just like the real ones do in this set-up.

The stock presets have amazing/lush chorus, phaser & flanger Fx already set-up......& I'm using tap tempo for the 1st time ever too!

I feel blessed to have 2-killer rigs & this has also helped me dial in the AX8 even better then before amp wise....

5213EAFE-9EF0-41FC-A65B-FB6FDBCBFF1F_zpsnj8hwjgf.jpg

I now see the purpose for each unit (AX8 & FX8) & see Cliffs brilliance on a new level!!!

I was away on vacation right after I got this.....but made a few quick 1st impression video clips.....

Here's the TC 2290 delay & the drive channel of the Friedman Runt in 4-cable mode...(no drive pedal)

I'm getting great mid-gain tones on the clean channel & w/ the RC boost pedal......& the TS808 into the Friedman's drive channel is just insane!!!!

Long live Fractal Audio.....& all of these wonderful products!!!

Peace! X-Mann

PS - All I can say is that you get everything that you pay for & more when you purchase a Fractal product. I'm just happy to have found all of these great companies to created music with.....Kiesel Guitars, Friedman amps (& the ASM-12).......& Fractal Audio (AX8, FX8 & Axe Fx ii)......

More to follow...........

Thanks - I’ve lurked around, following your posts and the rig looks like it would fill my needs nicely. And, bonus, it would be one less piece to lug around compared to my Axe-Fx XL / MFC / CLR gear.

The hardest part would be saying goodbye to my XL and MFC. I saved for so long to get it, and it’s an incredible piece of gear and I’m reluctant to sell it. If the budget would swing it, I’d use it with the TC-50 and control it all with the MFC. But the idle $ of capability that the XL would have unused is too much for me to justify.

I’ll see what the next few weeks has to offer. Really hoping to find a local dealer with a TC on the floor to demo.

Thanks for the response and all the GAS fuel your posts and videos provide!
Well
Is this patch available on axchange?
I’ve shared all of my FX8 presets in a Single DropBox link in this thread....& on the FX8 Users Page on Facebook.

Merry X-Mas! X

Fellow X-Fans, FX8 Fans, Guitar Lovers & Gear Whores.....:eek:.....I appreciate everyone here & all the help, love & conversations over the years.

Here are ALL of my FX8 presets for my Modern Rock cover band gig.

Please look at these presets as building blocks & or a starting point. I hope they help you in some way/shape or form.

**ALL FX8 presets are set-up for a Mesa TC-50 amp, Carvin Guitars w/ PAF (C22 & S22) pickups.....& V30 Guitar speakers.

Here’s the list of song based presets & I use a left to right “Scene” based system.

Any song labeled “@“ 1st means the song is in Drop-D tuning.

Photo%20Oct%2024%2C%206%2000%2000%20PM.jpg

Here are my amp settings that work w/ these presets.
Photo%20Oct%2024%2C%206%2001%2029%20PM.jpg

To understand the amp channel used for each Preset “Scene”.....Go to the “Config” tab & then select “Midi PC”.......Here you will see my amp channels per each scene.
1 = Clean Amp Channel
2 = Mid Gain Amp Channel
3 = High Gain (Red) Channel

Examples:
Photo%20Oct%2024%2C%206%2004%2031%20PM.jpg

Most scenes use the Red High Gain Channel though. :D
Photo%20Oct%2024%2C%206%2005%2033%20PM.jpg

There are also some older presets from my previous band as well.......
Photo%20Oct%2024%2C%206%2000%2004%20PM.jpg

X’s FX8 Free Classic/Modern Rock Preset Pack Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pwcwq1i03bv9wqf/AABcXkGNGiv702u-Gh49btvLa?dl=0

Please let me know if you can’t download from this link as I’ve never done it this way before.

If these do work in some way for you, I’d love to hear about it. If they don’t work.....then....um......Yea...Sorry!

Check out: Little Monster (Scene #2) for a great cocked wah lead tone or Cherub Rock (Scene #3) for a great Ring Mod lead w/ Digital Delay....

X

Note: The presets from my YouTube Videos have been updated & are included here as well. I’m still using the same system of preset name w/ the BPM in the heading & the tempo pre-set to this inside each one. This can be overwritten by just tapping in a new tempo on the fly.

********If this works well, I’ll start a new thread here & on TGP........but let’s test this w/ guys that read this thread 1st. ;) *********
Here are ALL of my FX8 presets for FREE in one link & download.....

Peace! X

Hey guys,

How’s everyone doing & what’s new in FX8 land?

I’m crazy busy between the band & my decision to write & release an entire instrumental CD in 2018. Things are going very well & I wanted to let you guys know that I’m tweaking ALL of my FX8 cover song presets & made some new ones too. I’ll share them all in the next week or so.

I had my noise gate (input & post block) settings killing off some sustain & finally got that dialed in & it was the “Ratio” setting that was off & setting it higher has seemed to fix everything. I’m also removing & re-doing the Drive blocks to make them more transparent & less of a volume jump.

I’m also re-doin my stage rig set-up.....& going with a smaller 2x12 cab angled back at my FACE!!! :eek: And away from the audience & away from the sound guy too! :rolleyes:

Here’s a quick pick of the rig changes & testing that’s going on in Studio-X.
Photo%20Mar%2012%2C%207%2004%2017%20PM.jpg

I’ll post a few more pics just for FUN.....& to keep this section of the forum moving....:D

X

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom