How to use Axe FX 3 for Zoom/ Skype lessons without standalone interface

Niko

Inspired
Hope everybody are safe and healthy.
Noob question. Ive been doing Zoom lessons and my teacher is having hard time hearing my guitar. I don’t have cab mics or standalone interface. What is best way to connect Axe Fx output to my MacBook Pro so my teacher can hear my guitar.
My signal chain is;

Amp > Boss Tube Expander > ( Guitar cab )> DI to Axe Fx 3 for effects and speaker simulation > Studio Monitors
Thanks in advance

First, read this: Combine multiple audio interfaces by creating an Aggregate Device

Second, connect your AxeFX III directly to your computer using a USB cable. You might need a USBC to USB adapter, depending on what model Macbook Pro you have.

Then, basically, you'd want to create an aggregate device consisting of both your built-in microphone and AxeFX for inputs, and your AxeFX for output. Then connect your headphones directly to the AxeFX III.

Then, in Zoom, you want to choose that aggregate device as Zoom's audio device. This should allow your teacher to hear both your voice (from the built-in microphone), and the output from the AxeFX III, and then you should be able to hear both your guitar and the audio from Zoom out of the headphones of the AxeFX III.

First, read this: Combine multiple audio interfaces by creating an Aggregate Device

Second, connect your AxeFX III directly to your computer using a USB cable. You might need a USBC to USB adapter, depending on what model Macbook Pro you have.

Then, basically, you'd want to create an aggregate device consisting of both your built-in microphone and AxeFX for inputs, and your AxeFX for output. Then connect your headphones directly to the AxeFX III.

Then, in Zoom, you want to choose that aggregate device as Zoom's audio device. This should allow your teacher to hear both your voice (from the built-in microphone), and the output from the AxeFX III, and then you should be able to hear both your guitar and the audio from Zoom out of the headphones of the AxeFX III.
thanks for this straight to the point write-up!

Strange, I downloaded and installed Voicemeeter Banana but only the less advanced Voicemeeter version (without Banana) is available.
Checked the installation files but they're not the same (will try to install Voicemeeter, maybe they reversed the installation files somehow).

It will do the trick though, so it seems my Win10 zoom / skype issue has been resolved... however I just can't stand these kind of anomalys :screamcat:.

Dusting this thread off because I have a similar situation.

I'm using a mac mini, so no camera or mic. I've pretty much sorted out the camera situation by using my iphone and the Camo app, but I don't believe I can use the iphone's mic like I thought I could, after a few attempts with the aggregate device method. Should I just get one of those headsets with the built in mic, and if so can I run it through the Afx3 or should I just run it through the computer?

I use Loopback by Rogue Amoeba to create a custom mix of all devices and audio signals through my MacBook. This can include Axe FX, Spotify, Mp3's, youTube, my mic... basically any audio capable of being played by my computer or connected to it via USB. Zoom (or anything) can then see this as a microphone / audio input and away you go.

Not cheap software, but it has worked flawlessly for me over the past year.

Worth a look!

You can use the AxeFX3 as the interface going into zoom, plug your microphone into a spare input and build your vocal signal chain including a compressor, tube pre etc. to put your vocals into zoom.

Still fighting with this.

I’ve borrowed my wife’s laptop, so now it should be just a simple matter of creating an aggregate device...except it isn’t. The aggregate device only picks up the computer microphone.

I’ve tried using all variations of clock source and drift correction, even changed the sample rate of the mic to match the axefx3, still nothing. What am I missing?

Attachments

• 4A0FD3E8-7D2D-49E5-BCAE-3236E22AB808.jpeg
    4A0FD3E8-7D2D-49E5-BCAE-3236E22AB808.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
I don't think an aggregate will work with Zoom since AFAIK you can't select individual channels in Zoom. Loopback should work though, allowing you to combine the mic and AxeFX into a single channel pair. Or, of course, run your mic through your AxeFX.

Back
Top Bottom