How to Stiffen my Knob!!

SparkyG

Experienced
Sorry, couldn't resist using that title, but it is what I need LOL.

I need to make the output 1 knob a little stiffer to turn.

I have my rack on a table behind me and in front of the rack I put stuff like plectrums and spare strings, fast fret, etc.
a couple of times in the heat of a gig the output 1 level has been changed, and of course it's made a huge difference so I just want to make it a bit harder to turn, but not tape it down cos I do change it when using headphones. Etc

Any ideas

Thanks

I put them there cos its the only space I have on the tight stage, the mixer sits on top of the axe rack. So no room and I need quick access to the stuff of course.

Help me make my knob stiff dammit. PMSL

Thanks guys

Sorry, couldn't resist using that title, but it is what I need LOL.

Any ideas

Thanks

Take 1 blue pill from the medicine cabinet, crush it up and sprinkle it carefully into the A "knob", being very careful as to not effect the other knobs b, c, d or e, lest they become too "stiff" as well. Use caution and when finished, clean up. Smoking afterwords is optional.

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

The traditional method is to use an O-ring. You can get a pack of mixed sizes from B&Q. (Non-UK members can insert the name of their local hardware store)

The traditional method is to use an O-ring. You can get a pack of mixed sizes from B&Q. (Non-UK members can insert the name of their local hardware store)
Do not however try asking for a knob-ring in B&Q as the Umpa Lumpa orangey people will either report you to the Manager or direct you to the nearest Ann Summers outlet

Get the rack and rub some of that fast fret all over it. Now take your knob and....

Oh what? Not what you meant? Sorry, I'll just go take a cold shower...

:lol

Another way is to pull out the knob, insert some sponge on the potentiometer shaft and then reinsert the knob.

Lol, thanks for the funny responses guys, I'm cracking up here.

The O ring sounds great. I'll watch out for the oompa lumps in B&Q.

Cheers

You know... when I first read the thread's title yesterday, I purposely stayed away from it thinking of the connotations that the title held. Then I saw it again today. Still here... and not moved to the lounge... or locked. So I thought it must be a legitimate concern.

Boy, did I get duped...:oops:)

I need to make the output 1 knob a little stiffer to turn.

I had the same problem.
Whenever i adjusted Output 2 my big fingers would brush the Output 1 knob and turn me up or down in the FOH.
I wrapped a small rubber band around the knob and haven't had another problem since.
The "O" ring is a good idea.

Last edited:
Take your knob in your hand. Massage vigorously until it gradually gets stiffer. Careful not to take it too far as the stiffness may rapidly decline.

Following your advice: "The traditional method is to use an O-ring. You can get a pack of mixed sizes from Home Depot." :shock

Back
Top Bottom