how to send a midi pc message using the same switch repeatedly

Hhuent

Experienced
I know I ranted before about the poor midi out capabilities of the AX8 (no CC messages) that some members here would also like to see improved.
Nonetheless it would be great to be able to send a midi pc message when you hit the same footswitch repeatedly. As it stands now, the AX8 sends this message only when you hit the switch once. Hit it again, no more message (apart from the Scene1/2 setting). Is there a way around this?

I admire your persistence! :) But I think unless FAS team don't knuckle down to implement it, this feature won't appear magically in our AX8s.

I keep my fingers crossed - I don't need it, but for all the folks doing crazy stuff with external units reacting to CC and PC commands, this might come in handy.

Lacking the MIDI Block, it seems like this would be best implemented as “Scene Reload” where if you press the current scene button it reloads back to its saved state, and retriggers its MIDI PC. Or if you don’t have Scene Revert on, it would just send the MIDI PC.

Scene Reload was requested and Joe Rogers actually said it was on the roadmap, but that was 2 years ago. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-wishes.108829/page-8#post-1333781

I control my lighting system while playing (I can use Midi to trigger DMX loops). I was hoping for this ability too. I was disappointed to learn I couldn't make it work.

I control my lighting system while playing (I can use Midi to trigger DMX loops). I was hoping for this ability too. I was disappointed to learn I couldn't make it work.
hi there!!!
so , it is possible or not ??
i just want to know if i can send a midi note to my dmx controller using my ax8!!
for example : whenever i step to scene 2 on my ax8 it will send a midi note to my dmx controller!!
is this posible???
thanks in advance to all the ax8 masters!!!

hi there!!!
so , it is possible or not ??
i just want to know if i can send a midi note to my dmx controller using my ax8!!
for example : whenever i step to scene 2 on my ax8 it will send a midi note to my dmx controller!!
is this posible???
thanks in advance to all the ax8 masters!!!
No, it is not possible :-(

But that is exactly what I need as well. It is disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom