How to Make Axe Edit larger on screen??

Dealmaker

Inspired
So using Axe Edit on my 27" iMac screen - the Axe Edit box is like a 9" x 8" box ??

You used to be able to drag the corner and make it as large as you wanted........but that functionality seems to have disappeared with 3.0.

Is there any other way to increase the size of the box?? Even on my laptop the box looks too small?

Change your resolution to something smaller. On a mac you can also Zoom the screen. Look at your Mouse settings in System Preferences.

Sure would be nice. Changing screen resolution is not a solution. What we need is everything else to stay the same, and AE get bigger. But I have to say...AE is just amazing. I got my Axe II during the "don't use AE...waiting for new improved version" time period, so I learned the front panel approach. Now I use both, and it is really great. AE lets me get around easier, then I use the knobs on the front of the Axe to make changes.

Biggest change I'd like, though, is drag and drop rearrangement of multiple presets.

AFAIK - Screen size changes and the new AxeManage are on the "to do" list for AE.. but no info available on target release/dates yet.

Yea, this has been driving me a little nuts too, but not a big deal, really... but it'd be really nice to be able to take up the whole screen! I want my virtual rigs to be big, linear, and glorious!

I have AE running on a 15" laptop and then have an hdmi port going to a 27" monitor to mirror the laptop display.
Looks bigger than life, not quite a full screen on the 27" but really close.

You can use mac keyboard shortcut for zooming in: command+option and then scroll upwards, i use this all the time, as long as this feature is not implemented.

Short term work-around:
Just change your screen resolution to something closer to the full size of Axe-Edit and it will be full screen (or close enough).

Of course, it might not look GREAT depending on the native resolution of your monitor.

For me it's not about zooming in, it's wanting to be able to see more items on the screen without scrolling. For example, I'm selecting a cab but I can only see the first 104 items in the list and must scroll the window to see the ones I *really* want. :) That said, I'm just happy to have a functioning AE after having to do without for many months.

Seems like an independent x and y resizing handle is needed to take advantage of a full screen on my monitor. Dragging the diagonal handle can fill the screen vertically but then it's too large horizontally and some parameters are lost from view. Maybe something to consider for the next udpate ... but the diagonal handle is still an improvement .. thanks ...

i don't think the x/y is flexible/fluid, so it needs to stay at those relative dimensions.

Back
Top Bottom