How to make a synth block sustain forever

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
I want to make a synth block sustain as if I had a keyboard playing behind me.
I want to be able to bring it up with one expression pedal and then use another expression pedal to bring up my guitar and solo over it. Can someone point me in the right direction? I have an idea how to accomplish the part with the expression pedals but im not sure how to make the synth repeat. I want the note to remain even after I've muted it.

Can someone chime in on this?

Thanks all

Matt posted an awesome preset that does exactly this a while back. It's called KidADrone. I'm on my phone so I can't really look around for it. Run a search.

Nothing came up when I searched kidadrone
And I don't know who Matt is. Any idea what the thread was called ?

here's an old patch i did

ext 5 switches the drone between Am and F. ext 1 controls guitar volume and ext 2 controls synth volume.

this was done with 6.02, but you'll probably want to change the amp and cab anyway

Attachments

• AtmoSynth Sim.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 20
here's an old patch i did

ext 5 switches the drone between Am and F. ext 1 controls guitar volume and ext 2 controls synth volume.

this was done with 6.02, but you'll probably want to change the amp and cab anyway

Ok so that's pretty much exactly what I wanted. Didn't change anything. Lol

Couple questions though, what is the external 5 supposed to do?
And is there a way to have a third expression pedal switch the synth between two different chords/keys?
Looks like you have this one in Amin

And is there a way to have a third expression pedal switch the synth between two different chords/keys?

Yes ext 5 which is a switch changes the chord from Am to F

fremen posted a vid showing him playing over the drone and switching chords with his foot - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151006002902245

Back
Top Bottom