How much are the new foot controllers for the axe FX 3 going to cost and when will they be available

I just picked up a Liquid Foot +12 on reverb. I have a love hate relationship with Ground Control.
Cool! I've never had a problem with the GCP but their complementary loop switcher, the GCX is an entirely different story. That thing was a NIGHTMARE from a reliability perspective. Would run weeks at rehearsal without issues, as soon as I got it to the gig, entire loops would be dead. I even had the entire set of 1/4" jacks and relays replaced by voodoo's support team and continued having problems with it. Next stop was an XL+. :)

I just picked up a Liquid Foot +12 on reverb. I have a love hate relationship with Ground Control.

That’s a good controller. You won’t be able to use 2-way communication with the AxeIII until Jeff is able to implement it, but I have no doubt that he will at some point. I’m guessing he won’t be able to do that until he gets an AxeIII in his posession and that could be a while.

You’ll have to manually program it, same as you would with any other midi controller. At least he’s got a good editor available to help with the task.

Cool! I've never had a problem with the GCP but their complementary loop switcher, the GCX is an entirely different story. That thing was a NIGHTMARE from a reliability perspective. Would run weeks at rehearsal without issues, as soon as I got it to the gig, entire loops would be dead. I even had the entire set of 1/4" jacks and relays replaced by voodoo's support team and continued having problems with it. Next stop was an XL+. :)
I had two GCX units for years and never had a problem... Lucky me :)

I had two GCX units for years and never had a problem... Lucky me :)
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what the issue was. My cables were solid and tested properly the countless times I tested them throughout the troubleshooting process. Maybe the plastic 1/4" jacks had temperature change problems or something. All I know is that I couldn't rely on it for gigs so it went in the trash. That said, Voodoo was very helpful from a support perspective and did what they could.

It's a very solid piece of gear used by many here with good results... It's not the best or very easy to program even with the replacement ROM chips... But it's far from crap.

I bought one for my last rig and gave up. Sure you can do anything with it, if you have an advanced computer science degree. Instructions are clearly, pun intended, written by a German, meaning they presume to much of the buyer and of the author.

They could have sold many more and at a higher price if they had taken the time to make it more user friendly for specific applications like a guitar processing controller instead of making it so open ended.

for you, can LGX2 Gordius work perfectly with Axefx III?
For who? Nothing works "perfectly" with Axe Fx III yet because nothing knows it's protocol...

I no longer have my Gordius, but it was by far the most programmable controller I've ever encountered.

I bought one for my last rig and gave up. Sure you can do anything with it, if you have an advanced computer science degree. Instructions are clearly, pun intended, written by a German, meaning they presume to much of the buyer and of the author.

They could have sold many more and at a higher price if they had taken the time to make it more user friendly for specific applications like a guitar processing controller instead of making it so open ended.
I only used it with the UNO chip and the Control Center editor. I had no real issues programming it.

Wow, that's some pretty out of the box thinking. I guess if I already had a GCP laying around, that's what I'd do. But since I have the MasterMind LT, it's far more straightforward.

That's the situation I was in, I already had a GCPro and 2 GCX switchers, coming from a strictly pedal and rack unit setup. After I bought the Axe-Fx, I wanted to see how far I could take the GCPro, in particular, could it do scenes and as can you see, it does.

I've since sold most of my rack gear, but I still do have one GCX switcher and some pedals, (SD-1, TS-9 & OD-2) and I control everything with my iPad Mini and Bluetooth, either manually when I'm just learning to play songs and experimenting or with automation tracks.

It's my understanding that the III doesn't speak MIDI?

h783B4EF4

Back
Top Bottom