How much are the new foot controllers for the axe FX 3 going to cost and when will they be available

It's a very solid piece of gear used by many here with good results... It's not the best or very easy to program even with the replacement ROM chips... But it's far from crap.
+1
I had one way, way back in the days of the ancient Ultra, and it did the trick. Not too much in that price range that can really do any better.

It's a very solid piece of gear used by many here with good results... It's not the best or very easy to program even with the replacement ROM chips... But it's far from crap.
My experience. I have had owned 2 of them and had nothing but problems with them.

I had the Behringer years ago with my 11 rack, it was far from perfect but as a "get you by" until the FCs get released seems like a cost effective option. I'm not sure how easy the liquid foot is to program.

I'm not sure how easy the liquid foot is to program.

It's been a few years since I was using the LF+ JR+ with an AxeFX II, so things may have changed. But at that time, it was a major pain to program and the documentation was terrible. Support was sketchy, but got better over time. Anyway, once I got it set up I loved the controller. It was very powerful and had so many great features compared to the MFC, which was too big and rather limited IMO. I sold the AxeII and the JR+ when I got my AX8. I wish I had the JR+ now, but I'll wait for the new FC's to come out.

Has anybody ever used FX8 as a foot controller for AxFx? I may try that, as well as my Helix to use as a stopgap ....I may be asking for more trouble than its worth, unless somebody has some insight.

Helix should be easy enough, I had used a 500HD to control my kemper for a while, the online editor made it easy to assign CC#s. It was also cool to have a backup rig right there on the floor for emergencies.

Has anybody ever used FX8 as a foot controller for AxFx? I may try that, as well as my Helix to use as a stopgap ....I may be asking for more trouble than its worth, unless somebody has some insight.
I think the FX8 will do some basic stuff. The MIDI PC and CC capabilities for each scene at least. Not sure how the individual MIDI block works on that, as I never used it, but that may even give you the ability to have some I/As set up if needed. I haven't really decided whether I'll use my MFC or my FX8 at this point. Maybe just set up the FX8 for 8 scenes per preset would be good, and forget about having an I/As set up.

This is what I am using temporarily. The board is the only extra one I had. The Mission pedal and the switch will both plug into the midiXchange. Using my Vai wah with the extra I/O now. I can change patches and have one IA switch and a pedal.

midipedal.jpg

Line 6 HX Effects might be an option. Scribble scripts and it looks like it has real nice midi integration with the bonus of all the effects not that you would need them........ Having Line 6 and Fractal together might create a singularity but might be worth a try.... LOL....

Back
Top Bottom