Implemented Realtime SysEx

+1 (although I'm almost certainly going to get one of the new Fractal controllers, it would be nice to have options).

Last edited:
i assume this has nothing to do with promoting the new foot controller. probably there is no need for those settings and axe will communicate with the given controller if the controller has an Axe Fx 3 option in the FW.

Thanks yek, yes I noticed this came through :) I've been using them successfully in my new MFC firmware.

Last edited:
At the time of posting Realtime Sysex was not implemented. It is now. That explains the label.

At the time of posting Realtime Sysex was not implemented. It is now. That explains the label.
But the options weren’t? Just on and off? Cliff said (somewhere) that it was possible to just have tuner and not tempo.IIRC.

Your MFC doesn't need to use both. Not sure which MFC you have or whether it has options. My firmware can use either independently.

Last edited:
Your MFC doesn't to use both. Not sure which MFC you have or whether it has options. My firmware can use either independently.
Ah so you are talking about a controller not the actual unit? I’m asking wether the unit can turn off the real-time messages... so that only tempo or tune are sent by the III.

Sorry - left a word out of my post, now corrected. What I'm saying is that the Axe-FX III can send both tuner and tempo information or neither. I'm surprised needing to have it send one without the other would be a problem, unless you have a MFC that has some undesirable display using information you don't want.

Sorry - left a word out of my post, now corrected. What I'm saying is that the Axe-FX III can send both tuner and tempo information or neither. I'm surprised needing to have it send one without the other would be a problem, unless you have a MFC that has some undesirable display using information you don't want.
Its just a waste of serial bandwidth if it's not needed. And also needless decode computing at remote end if the controller doesn't use that message (at all)... its not a biggy. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom