How long does it take to Load 6.0 firmware????

With every fw, 6.0 including, it went as fast here, but 6.01 today took several minutes, although nothing from my side changed. Strange.

That funny, you timed it. Guitar dojo and I were talking awhile back about that fact that you could lad he firmware in the amount of time it took o start the kemper. They really need to improve that. It was on of the reasons I sold mine.

Now THIS video will bring all the Kemperville townsfolk out with their pitchforks and torches... ;)

But seriously, I would like to know how many profiles are in that Kemper? I've heard the profiles are only a few KB in size, so I am assuming that the unit is doing some sort of pre processing on them as it loads up, which is what is taking time?

The Kemper profiles are 4k and it looks like they're all loaded at startup for quick switching. If I had kept the Kemper I would have also kept the AxeII so I had something to play while waiting for the Kemper to load, decided it was just easier to stick with the Axe.

I just did the update, timing it with my phone stopwatch, and it took 20 minutes & 15 seconds to get to the point where you restart the Axe.

I just did the update, timing it with my phone stopwatch, and it took 20 minutes & 15 seconds to get to the point where you restart the Axe.

Mine took about a half hour but I didnt time it but I know it was about three to four times as long as the last 5 updates. Using windows 7. older computer but the others were fast.

Same here. I tried with MidiOx and USB -> 20 minutes
With MidiOx and USB Uno (so Midi connection) -> 30 minutes
6.0 took me 5 minutes with another laptop.
The laptop is different that's all.

That funny, you timed it. Guitar dojo and I were talking awhile back about that fact that you could load he firmware in the amount of time it took o start the kemper. They really need to improve that. It was on of the reasons I sold mine.

Java and I got a list of wrongs about this thing. The time it takes just to turn on!....it reminds me of an old computer we had. You go turn it on and then go make a pot of coffee.

That funny, you timed it. Guitar dojo and I were talking awhile back about that fact that you could lad he firmware in the amount of time it took o start the kemper. They really need to improve that. It was on of the reasons I sold mine.

You guys are confused. Kemper is working hard to emulate the ENTIRE tube amp experience - including the long startup time. It's a feature!

......and dont get me started on Tone Matching verses profiling.... :p

vid coming soon

Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

Back
Top Bottom