how hot is too hot to play my ultra?

redbud

Inspired
anyone know how hot i can safely play with my ultra.

yesterday afternoon was 95 degrees here in Illinois and i played my ultra for an hour.

Is there a chance of overheating?

If my ultra does overheat will it cause damage or does it have protection to shut it down and keep the cpu safe?

Last year I did an outdoor gig in high 90's temperatures, it may have reached over 100 with the heat index. We started late in the day, around 5 and played until 10 pm. The AxeFx never missed a beat.

I have played my Ultra outdoors in over 100 degree heat last summer. Still going.
Played last week - started around 96, cooling down to a [mere] 86 by the time we finished.. Yes, lots of fans moving the air!
Oh, and it was at least 70% humidity too :(

I doubt you need to worry about it much!

The manual states a max operating temerature of 122 degrees. Last summer, Vegas hit 120, but I'm not concerned about the Ultra. I'm more concerned with heat stroke (seriously).

anyone know how hot i can safely play with my ultra.

yesterday afternoon was 95 degrees here in Illinois and i played my ultra for an hour.

Is there a chance of overheating?

If my ultra does overheat will it cause damage or does it have protection to shut it down and keep the cpu safe?

I live in Fort Worth TX. According to the weather guy on TV, 95 degrees is considered a "cold front" down here. I play my Ultra all the time and have never had a problem with overheating. If I play 64th notes at >250 bpm it smokes a little. :)

I spent a year in Iraq touring in a rock band (i am a military musician) with an Ultra and it performed flawlessly in 130 degree heat. I never experienced a hickup for my entire tour. Most gigs we traveled by UH-60 Blackhawk so I definitely put this thing to the test! We did not baby our gear BTW especially when you have about 10 minutes to load gear, strap it down, and get yourself strapped in.. Now your guitar, on the other hand, would be more of a concern with drastic temp changes.

Greg

I spent a year in Iraq touring in a rock band (i am a military musician) with an Ultra and it performed flawlessly in 130 degree heat. I never experienced a hickup for my entire tour. Most gigs we traveled by UH-60 Blackhawk so I definitely put this thing to the test! We did not baby our gear BTW especially when you have about 10 minutes to load gear, strap it down, and get yourself strapped in.. Now your guitar, on the other hand, would be more of a concern with drastic temp changes.

Greg

Forget the rock'n'roll tour buses! Axe-fx players travel by chopper! I love the smell of digital first thing in the morning!

Back
Top Bottom