How do you power your AX8 boards?

patrickrussell

Inspired
I'm getting rid of all my other pedals and a couple amps to fund the purchase of an AX8. Wondering if I should keep my Voodoo Lab PP2+ or my MXR ISO Brick though for powering the AX8. Or should I just get a power strip and leave well enough alone?

I wouldn't power the AX8 with either of those, per say, but if you plan to use other pedals with the AX8 they may have power needs you might need to consider. I just bought a DS Engineering Mandate switch (link below) that I plan to use as a +3db boost by assigning it to a volume block. It has an LED which will require power to light so I know visually when it's engaged.

https://dsguitarengineering.com/store/mandate

Wondering if I should keep my Voodoo Lab PP2+ or my MXR ISO Brick though for powering the AX8.

The only option there is the courtesy AC outlet on the PP2+ - the MXR ISO Brick doesn't have such an output I believe.

Unless you are planning on powering additional pedals, then I wouldn't bother with the PP2+.

Hey mate! I also power mine with a Voodoo PP2+, mounted under my Temple Board. If I didn't have anything else on the board, it would likely be overkill, but it's great as it powers my G70, Tuner, clock and GloRisers too.

V5hcp6Q.jpg

Hey mate! I also power mine with a Voodoo PP2+, mounted under my Temple Board. If I didn't have anything else on the board, it would likely be overkill, but it's great as it powers my G70, Tuner, clock and GloRisers too.

V5hcp6Q.jpg
Man, that's a KILLER looking board! Great work!

Just curious, did you sand the graphics off of the Chronograph or do they just not show up well in the picture?

Man, that's a KILLER looking board! Great work!

Just curious, did you sand the graphics off of the Chronograph or do they just not show up well in the picture?

Thanks Daniel - I really appreciate the compliment!

I covered the graphics with black vinyl. As lovely as they are, I just wanted it plain dude - no disrespect to your lovely artwork!

Cheers,
Sukh

Back
Top Bottom