How do you get all presets to always load on scene 1

notalemming

Fractal Fanatic
That's pretty much the question. For some reason, if you happen to save the preset on any scene but 1, it will always load on that scene. This makes no sense to me to be the default. I ALWAYS want all presets to ALWAYS load on scene 1. It doesn't matter if I access the preset by the front panel or the MFC which I have working as a basic midi controller.How do I get all presets to always load on scene 1?

Page 44:
THE DEFAULT SCENE
When a new preset is loaded, it automatically starts on whichever scene that was selected when that preset was last saved. So, to set the default scene for any preset, simply select the desired scene and then save the preset.​

so, always switch to scene 1 before saving the preset

Page 44:
THE DEFAULT SCENE
When a new preset is loaded, it automatically starts on whichever scene that was selected when that preset was last saved. So, to set the default scene for any preset, simply select the desired scene and then save the preset.​

so, always switch to scene 1 before saving the preset

Thanks. I was hoping there was an option somewhere to always load up scene 1 no matter what. Never had to do that on the II. This just adds 1 more step to saving a preset! One more for the wish list!

For some reason, if you happen to save the preset on any scene but 1, it will always load on that scene. This makes no sense to me to be the default. I ALWAYS want all presets to ALWAYS load on scene 1.
With the Axe-Fx II, a lot of people asked for the ability to independently select which scene a preset would default to. The Axe III provides that capability. It lets you choose which scene a given preset will default to by choosing which scene to be on when you save it.

Though I wouldn't mind a Default Scene parameter somewhere in the preset. This would save you the trouble of having to navigate to a different scene before you save.

As saved is per preset. That’s the way it’s configured now. You just have to put what scene you want it to default to before saving the preset.

That will be a global option, not per-preset. ;)
I don't have an Axe-Fx III yet, but it sounds to me if you set the (proposed) 'Global' Default Scene parameter to "As Saved", then each preset will default to its saved scene (sounds like per-preset to me?). You just have to remember to be on the scene that you want as the default when you save the preset. (This is exactly how the Helix saves the default 'Snapshot')

If you set the (proposed) global default scene parameter to any one of the "Scene 1-8" options, then each preset will default to that 'Global' scene # and ignore the "Saved" scene # of the preset.

Last edited:
If you set the (proposed) global default scene parameter to any one of the "Scene 1-8" options, then each preset will default to that 'Global' scene...
Exactly. That's not per-preset. :)

The idea behind my proposal is to allow a fixed default scene per preset. That way, you could have an individual preset to load up with whatever scene makes sense for that preset, without the chance of screwing it up by forgetting to navigate to the right scene before you hit Save.

Exactly. That's not per-preset. :)

The idea behind my proposal is to allow a fixed default scene per preset. That way, you could have an individual preset to load up with whatever scene makes sense for that preset, without the chance of screwing it up by forgetting to navigate to the right scene before you hit Save.
Forgetting to navigate to the right scene before you hit save is just as likely as forgetting to set the default scene (by some other means) before saving? I like this method better than the current method in the AX8 (which is like the way you propose). No need to go back to the hardware to set the default scene, just select the scene that you want the preset to default to, at and save it from the editor, or from the hardware. No menu diving?

Just my $.02

Last edited:
Forgetting to navigate to the right scene before you hit save is just as likely as forgetting to set the default scene (by some other means) before saving?
Forgetting to navigate to the right scene before saving is way more likely to happen because, as you're working on the preset, you're likely to hit Save multiple times. But the way I'm proposing it, you'd only ever have to set the default scene once. Example:

I'm working on a preset to cover Thunderspunk by The Skankpops. In that tune, the intro uses the same tone as the break, and I like to put break tones in Scene 3. So for that preset only, I want Scene 3 to be the default scene, so I can land on it when I go to play the intro. So I set the preset's Default Scene parameter to Scene 3. Once and done. Now I can tweak that preset to my heart's content. If I don't like the chorus tone, I can tweak the hell out of it and Save. No need to go back to the "correct" scene before I save. No need to return to the scene I'm working on to tweak it some more. Same with the verse tone, the outro tone, whatever...I just saved myself a bunch of keystrokes.

I like this method better than the current method in the AX8 (which is like the way you propose). No need to go back to the hardware to set the default scene...
Whether you need to leave the editor to set the Default Scene is a different issue. If the editor knows how to handle Default Scene, then you stay in the editor.

No menu diving?
If you don't want to dive for it at all, just leave it set to Global Default. No need to touch it ever.

It’s cool. I don’t like double checking my work once I save it anyways. I’ll just gripe online.

Maybe I’m just tired of seeing all the hurdles being thrown at FAS right now. Bug fixes I get, I highlighted one myself with a video. Bitching about new features, whether fully developed or not at the moment, and requesting secondary options at every turn, while demanding faster production and release of future products is exhausting.

Props to FAS and the mods. It’s been a rough few months for sure.

This thread is making my head spin. Props to Cliff for adding a global option, but IMHO completely unnecessary.

Q: How do I get my presets to always load on scene 1?
A: Save them that way.
Q: What if I forget?
A: Don't.

Problem solved.

I love this forum but the recent wave of whiny, nitpicky crap is really turning me off. Flame away.

Forgetting to navigate to the right scene before saving is way more likely to happen because, as you're working on the preset, you're likely to hit Save multiple times. But the way I'm proposing it, you'd only ever have to set the default scene once. Example:

I'm working on a preset to cover Thunderspunk by The Skankpops. In that tune, the intro uses the same tone as the break, and I like to put break tones in Scene 3. So for that preset only, I want Scene 3 to be the default scene, so I can land on it when I go to play the intro. So I set the preset's Default Scene parameter to Scene 3. Once and done. Now I can tweak that preset to my heart's content. If I don't like the chorus tone, I can tweak the hell out of it and Save. No need to go back to the "correct" scene before I save. No need to return to the scene I'm working on to tweak it some more. Same with the verse tone, the outro tone, whatever...I just saved myself a bunch of keystrokes.

Whether you need to leave the editor to set the Default Scene is a different issue. If the editor knows how to handle Default Scene, then you stay in the editor.

If you don't want to dive for it at all, just leave it set to Global Default. No need to touch it ever.
That all make sense. Either way, I look forward to this ability when I get my hands on an Axe-Fx III.

Back
Top Bottom