HOW DO YOU EDIT A PATCH FROM THE AXE-EDIT

i think he is reading things. like most, he is trying to go faster than the information going into his head ;) i might be able to livestream a session showing my AX8, which is very similar as far as using Axe-Edit.

when are you available to watch and interact online @David Weissner ? i'm busy with gigs and consulting today, but might be able to do some tomorrow.

I read the scenes manual information but I did not see how to drag and drop the same
patch into the other 7 other places for each patch I want to work on in my AXE-FX ll.
Sunday I am free mid day and later in the day for online live stream interaction.
I am confused about change to scene first adjust/bypass or XY
Is there a way to take an existing patch as is and replicate it in the
other 7 scene audio library banks?

Last edited:
i'd say it might help to just watch some youtube videos of people creating and editing patches.

I don't know what section in here could help me to figure out if I could copy and paste
a patch to other places on the AXE-FX ll so that I can retain the same patch in different places.
you tube might hold the answer.

I read the scenes manual information but I did not see how to drag and drop the same
patch into the other 7 other places for each patch I want to work on in my AXE-FX ll.
Sunday I am free mid day and later in the day for online live stream interaction.
I am confused about change to scene first adjust/bypass or XY
You don't... What is in 1 scene is in all scenes of a preset. A scene is not a preset... It is a different combination of the on/off and x/y states of the SAME blocks within a preset.

As has been stated in probably every thread (many!) that the OP has posted since joining the forum a few days ago.

@David Weissner - we are a patient lot here for the most part... But this is rapidly wearing thin. Please, PLEASE do us ALL a favor - READ THE DAMN MANUAL! Or at least purchase and watch the Cooper Carter video series that was recommended to you multiple times. Or go to YouTube and watch some videos.

Otherwise, people may add you to their "ignore list" on the forum and never see another thing you post...

I have read the manual but I found it confusing. I usually learn from watching not reading.
I am close to figuring it out.

I usually learn from watching not reading.

Have you tried searching youtube for AxeFx and Axe-Edit? There's a toooon of free videos where people build patches, modify patches demo preset manager, etc... I doubt there's any one video that will answer your questions directly and specifically, but probably half an hour spent watching a handful of videos you'll pick up alot of useful info just by watching someone go through the motions in context even if they're not necessarily addressing why they're doing it or not (though alot of them will).

You don't... What is in 1 scene is in all scenes of a preset. A scene is not a preset... It is a different combination of the on/off and x/y states of the SAME blocks within a preset.

I am asking if there is a way to save an already existing patch into
other banks as is using the Axe Edit

When I said edit patch I meant take the whole patch as is and
put it in 2 through 8 leaving scene1 for the original patch.
Scenes aren't patches. Patches aren't scenes.

Every preset has eight scenes in it. When you load someone else's preset, you load all eight scenes at once. There's no such thing as "leaving scene 1 for the original patch, because the original patch is all eight scenes together.

Aha all 8 scenes do not load all at once. That is the problem I am addressing on here.
I only get the preset in scene one and the others 2-8 are left over remnants of what I don't know.
The original patch is not all 8 scenes together and I am trying to get
all 8 scenes to be the same. Now you know what I am writing about!!!
Each patch exists only in 1 of 8 now you are the only one that knows my issue

Yes, every patch has 8 scenes in it but for me only scene one is
where the uploaded patches get saved the other 7 are of previous patches

Last edited:
Am I supposed to change a setting so that the preexisting
axe exchange patch loads to all 8 scenes?

For me the original patch is not in all 8 scenes but in scene one

There is something wrong because my patches only went to scene1
when I dragged then from the computer

Last edited:
Aha all 8 scenes do not load all at once.
Yes they do. They're all in there, waiting for you to use them.

I only get the preset in scene one and the others 2-8 are left over remnants of what I don't know.
The other scenes 2-8 are part of the preset you loaded. When you save a preset, you save all eight scenes at once. If you give that preset to someone else, they get all eight scenes.

...I am trying to get
all 8 scenes to be the same.
Aha! Now we have a clear goal statement! :)

1) Select the scene you want. Right-click on it. Choose Copy Current Scene.

2) Right-click again. Choose Paste to All Scenes.

I fixed it in the Axe-Edit I just copied it to all other
scenes and it worked problem solved
What you just said I did on my own.
Now I have to do that to all of the presets.

You are right on! you really know your stuff!

You don’t need to use Scenes, and you certainly don’t need to use all 8.

And as I mentioned before, Scenes don’t change parameters in blocks. They only turn things off/on or change X/Y.

I wanted to take the other 7 scenes of the patches and learn how the different
parameters affect the preset sound by using them to get the
sound that I am looking for.
Sounds like a good reason to do that with a patch or two, but all of them? If you want to learn how the parameters affect the sound, you pretty much have to do that one at a time, anyway.

Scenes aren't patches. Patches aren't scenes.

Every preset has eight scenes in it. When you load someone else's preset, you load all eight scenes at once. There's no such thing as "leaving scene 1 for the original patch, because the original patch is all eight scenes together.

I think that the way that the previous owner or AXE-FX ll was set up that some of the
earlier numbered presets had the same effects boxes across the screen
for 2-through 8 that different from the first scene.
Others had all 8 scenes with the same patch sounds like you said,
or slightly altered sounds like drive added in front of the amp and cab configuration in scene 2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom