How do you do this?

rthom1874

I was watching the Dutch Axe Fest on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaMt0h9rALI. And Yek and
Anand Mahangoe were showing a preset build . My question is how to set up an expression pedal and preset to do what Anand Mahangoe is explaining at 27:50 of the video. He says he is using an expression pedal to Change between 2 chords while he solos .How would you set up a preset and expression pedal to have it change between chords and solo on top of that like he is doing . thanks Rick

Various ways.

You attach an external controller to a voice in the Pitch block.
By setting the Min and Max values in the modifier menu you can then switch between two notes (including minor / major), using the pedal.
You can also assign to two voices.

Alternatively, assign a scene controller instead of a external controller. You can then switch using scenes.

If you got a XL, you can download my "Pink Floyd" preset, where you can switch between 4 underlying chords using scenes.

running both synth blocks, you've got 6 voices in total to play with, so you can easily get some really huge sounding chords, especially if you double up on some notes and detune them slightly. add a chorus and a delay after the synths for added lushness. you need to set the synth voices to "off", so they run continuously and then you can attach an external switch or pedal to the synth volumes. i did do a patch somewhere (the original atmosynth) that used a pedal controller to switch between two chords. the later version (by fremen) controls the chords by changing scenes. i'll see if i can find the original and then you can have a play around with it and see how it's done

Thank you both
I do have the XL. Yek is that preset from Yek's Presets for Mk.II (v15.03) and Blog preset 63 {PinkFlP2+Scene}? If so Iam looking forward to downloading it to study. Thanks again Rick

Mesaguy, I've been wanting to make something like this myself. However not wanting to "steal" your sound and preset, I want to try and make my own synth preset. I really love how you kan change the chord by switching scenes, but I can not figure out, how you change the key between scenes. :?

Which parameter are you tweeking, to change the cord?

Mesaguy, I've been wanting to make something like this myself. However not wanting to "steal" your sound and preset, I want to try and make my own synth preset. I really love how you kan change the chord by switching scenes, but I can not figure out, how you change the key between scenes. :?

Which parameter are you tweeking, to change the cord?

BTW, as Mesaguy stated, thatwas Freeman's preset creation.

Back
Top Bottom