how do you control high end when going real power amp and cabinet ?

Do you have a source amp you're trying to match, and if so what is it?

A given modeller being accurate versus being to your preference are two different questions too.
no, im just trying to make it sound like an amp hahaha not an hd500x. try a mooer preamp live then let me know if its preference or just better

Edit update/ placing a filter block after the amp and cutting highs to 9400 cured it

Last edited:
I am being serious though, I am very close to selling my fm3 even though I love its functionality I can't stand its overly high end processed sound

Because you can use it with acoustic guitar, bass, or synth. It's a tool. If you want to cut some highs, you can.
I guess the issue is my ocd "overthinking" it but I couldn't believe the night and day differences in these 2 units. with the jcm 800 in both units, the mooer is more authentic with the cab and amp than the fractals and with the new firmware

I guess the issue is my ocd "overthinking" it but I couldn't believe the night and day differences in these 2 units. with the jcm 800 in both units, the mooer is more authentic with the cab and amp than the fractals and with the new firmware
It sounds like you found what inspires you. What is the question, then?

Some users prefer to leave the cab block on, even with a power amp and cab. Give it a try.
I tried but it sounds too boxy and dark hahaha. the question is then how do others match and amp and fractal there has to be some of the same cuts people finding themselves doing, what are the tricks you use to match. I do that trick

I did a very quick and unscientific test running pink noise through one of my amps + X-Load against the equivalent model in the Axe-Fx with the knobs roughly the same - check out the high frequency response. "Sound like an amp" and "sound the way I want it to", as I said, are different questions.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 1.06.28 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-14 at 1.08.44 pm.png

@CT76 you mentioned you're using the JCM800 model. Crank up the amp block master volume to smooth out the high end and get that classic marshall "roar" those amps are renowned for and use the amp block level to control the overall output. Low MV on a real 800 is pretty shrill, the issue with them in the real world is you need the master so high it's deafening!

@CT76 you mentioned you're using the JCM800 model. Crank up the amp block master volume to smooth out the high end and get that classic marshall "roar" those amps are renowned for and use the amp block level to control the overall output. Low MV on an 800 is pretty shrill.
again, I do this too, its just im not a fractal fanatic I guess

whispers My favourite JCM800 style tone is actually the Atomica high model.
yeah you love that amp, and mark was mad as hell they did it hahaha. I built a frfr 4x12 but it went down on me last show so I went back to power amp and cab and this is now an issue for me, I guess high cuts and move on, it just feels weird making cuts where the amp and speakers should be already

again, I do this too, its just im not a fractal fanatic I guess
I had a 1986 JCM 800. It was VERY much a "shrill" amp until it was at stupid loud levels. This was with my 4x12 loaded with celestion 85's which are a relatively dark speaker. I can't tell if you're honestly seeking help. IF so, post your preset so people can see how you have it set up. I LOVE my Axe III and FM3 because I can get the great tone I want at reasonable levels.

I had a 1986 JCM 800. It was VERY much a "shrill" amp until it was at stupid loud levels. This was with my 4x12 loaded with celestion 85's which are a relatively dark speaker. I can't tell if you're honestly seeking help. IF so, post your preset so people can see how you have it set up. I LOVE my Axe III and FM3 because I can get the great tone I want at reasonable levels.
I know what your saying, believe me I have my years in. I am seeking advice I guess now how to control this, is using the high treble cut the best or use a global parametric and cut there? my patch is easy load an in amp your choice and out then put it into a real power amp (solid state) and 4x12

Back
Top Bottom