how do you control high end when going real power amp and cabinet ?

Something is off here.
Check out output EQ....do you have a global output EQ that is spiking your high end?
I have a Mooer Fried Mein pedal in front of me right now. Nice little unit....but the Fractal does not have any more or less high end.
If anything, the Fractal has a clearer (less harsh) top end.
That is how I'd describe the Fractal vs. almost every other modeller - the top end is clearer and smoother (less harsh).

I have pulled up a ton of Amps in my FM3 - right into solid state amp and my Mesa 4x12. Never would I describe it as 'bright'.

My ss p.a. + real cabs were blah until i got a good impedance curve value set in the amp block speaker page - to get the important lo-rez value part of it in the ball park I did some rattle test measurements on my cabs (see Leon Todd's vids on this) which was very trial and error but I think got close to the correct frequencies. Before this I was struggling with big eq curves on my real cabs with any modeller - don't use these any more with Axefx since IC is set right.

Something is off here.
Check out output EQ....do you have a global output EQ that is spiking your high end?
I have a Mooer Fried Mein pedal in front of me right now. Nice little unit....but the Fractal does not have any more or less high end.
If anything, the Fractal has a clearer (less harsh) top end.
That is how I'd describe the Fractal vs. almost every other modeller - the top end is clearer and smoother (less harsh).

I have pulled up a ton of Amps in my FM3 - right into solid state amp and my Mesa 4x12. Never would I describe it as 'bright'.
The mpl is way different than the pedals, nothing else is on no global etc literally just load any amp it’s there but the filter low pass after amp and cutting highs to around 9400 cured it

My ss p.a. + real cabs were blah until i got a good impedance curve value set in the amp block speaker page - to get the important lo-rez value part of it in the ball park I did some rattle test measurements on my cabs (see Leon Todd's vids on this) which was very trial and error but I think got close to the correct frequencies. Before this I was struggling with big eq curves on my real cabs with any modeller - don't use these any more with Axefx since IC is set right.
This is so important.
Setting S.I.C. was a game changer for me too.

I have owned the Ultra, Standard, Axefx 1&2. AxeFX XL, XL+, now have the FM3 and FM9. I have NEVER, ever had the issue the OP is talking about here.
If it is as he says it is his setup\guitars\etc, etc, etc. Sure, I can MAKE it happen. But, well, why would i?
Just too weird of a thread, as I said before.

I would be real curious as to what Genre the OP is playing? If I had to guess I would say very high gain metal.
Like a zillion other guys on this forum. Hmmm? funny only HE has this issue with EVERY AMP? Uh, nope.....Not the FM3's fault. Sorry.

I would be real curious as to what Genre the OP is playing? If I had to guess I would say very high gain metal.
Like a zillion other guys on this forum. Hmmm? funny only HE has this issue with EVERY AMP? Uh, nope.....Not the FM3's fault. Sorry.
Sometimes it's best to just steer clear ;)

I had a similar issue with headphones after an update. There was some unpleasant 8KHz -ish peak in every preset every amp.
It was driving me crazy and I thought it was the FW's fault. Turned out the more realistic amp modeling brought out the HEADPHONES' weakness. I tested four headphones and I settled on HD650s and the problem disappeared.
I think the OP's problem is the speakers that he uses (and/or matching the correct resonance freq.).

Btw. If you use a power amp and a cabinet, you have to turn off the cab block (some likes to keep them though) and match the resonance freq in the amp block in each presets!!

I had a similar issue with headphones after an update. There was some unpleasant 8KHz -ish peak in every preset every amp.
It was driving me crazy and I thought it was the FW's fault. Turned out the more realistic amp modeling brought out the HEADPHONES' weakness. I tested four headphones and I settled on HD650s and the problem disappeared.
I think the OP's problem is the speakers that he uses (and/or matching the correct resonance freq.).

I am telling you... those Man O Wars are horrific in the top end. My bell went ding-ding-ding
when I saw the OP mention those were the speakers in his cab.

Back
Top Bottom