How do I get just delay on one side of a stereo mix?

2Strats

Inspired
I can't seem to pull this off. I have everything panned to one side but I still get faint repeats on the other side.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

If you could post the preset it would be easier to figure out what's happening. It could be a pan setting in the delay, or something after delay like a cab block making the sound mono or more centered.

This is not the actual preset I used, but I believe this is how I did it the last time.

Put the delay in row 1 with the pan 100% to the right. Speaker cab out is on row 2. Change the output mixer to row 1 100% right, row 2 100% left.

I think this worked for me without any noticeable repeats on the left side.

if you use the mono delay, you can just use the "echo pan" parameter to put the delay repeats anywhere you like

Sorry, neither one of those ideas are working.

I've tried running it in series and in in parallel with no luck. I've also tried turning the pan and balance knobs all the way to one side or another and although the repeats are more pronounced to one side, they are still audible on the other.

you're using the 2290 delay type which has one side phase reversed. try the mono delay.

you shouldn't need to set echo pan and balance both over to the same side - use one or the other

didn't try the patch....just looked at it

It should be putting delay only in the right channel as you have it set. Are your monitors connected directly to the Axe-FX Output 1 L/R?

If you're using the Axe as an interface w/ recording software running during all of this, are you sure you don't have some monitoring enabled there that would be taking the Axe processed L/R output and sending one/both channels back to the Axe centered instead of as originally panned?

I've been suspicious of this. I'm monitoring the Axe through Garageband via USB.

Let me try something, I'll be back . . .

Just as I thought . . .

My computer speakers are screwy. I'm not getting true stereo from them, not the Axe.

Thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom