How different do your fw11 presets sound in 12?

Thanks! Yes or no - is everyone else resetting amps?

I didn't have a need here. But like Scott I had gone through all my amps in 11. That being said, if I did reset my amp block in 11 unless I liked the tone better with the reset.

The only things I re-tweaked were the new modeling types, and it just made it sound even better. Even without that, they were noticeably better.

I am noticing some of my presets, especially my 5153 (dat feel) preset doesn't 'fee' quite as good anymore. It is much tighter & has a bit more clarity but doesn't seem to feel quite as good anymore.

I can't tell a whole lot of difference with a lot of my presets. I consistently seem to prefer "authentic" for the modeling mode. The presets I can tell a difference on are the ones with drive blocks. Most of my high gain presets have drive blocks (TS808 or TS808 MOD). To me, the drives seem to have just a little less gain, are slightly darker, and have just a little honk to them. It's fairly subtle but was enough for me to re-do a lot of my tone matches (most of them use a drive block as well).

I had downloaded Fremen's patches and had not even had a chance to go through them before V12 dropped. I went ahead and upgraded to 12 and noticed that his Plexi patches don't sound that good. I did not listen to them before the upgrade but his stuff usually kills with no tweaking on my part. I feel I will have to tweak these.

Back
Top Bottom