How different do your fw11 presets sound in 12?

stm113

Power User
Title kinda says it all. I want to update so I can check out the new FAS LED Drive and one of the amps I have long been waiting on...the Champ. I am not going to have time to rework my presets before next week's shows.

While we're at it... how do the Champ & the FAS Drive sound?

i updated just before a gig without auditioning presets (NEVER a good idea, but it wasn't a very involved gig) and my presets were lacking bass and had more clarity than before.

i had to add bass and cut some treble to get them closer to what they were before.

that's just my specific experience with the presets and tones i need. mostly clean, with a very round distortion lead.

i know for many in more rock situations, their presets actually sound better because they cut more and distortion amps can handle a boost in the upper mid frequencies.

i will be redoing my main tones to take advantage of what 12 has to offer!

i would wait till you have time.

BASS!! All my presets had extremely low bass settings but now I can set them to more normal levels and the presets work great!

BASS!! All my presets had extremely low bass settings but now I can set them to more normal levels and the presets work great!

i thought my bass levels were normal for the axe :p but now i have them "high" for my previous normal... hehe. quite a shock at the gig last night.

i play mostly acoustic/piezo, but roll in some electric for solos or thickening. pulled up my great twin sound and it cut through... only! haha no bass at all. fixed it mid-set and it was generally there. but a lot more is going on, so i'll start over.

I had very little tweaking to be honest. But I use a very simple setup anyway. Maybe 3 or 4 blocks, that's it.

Nothing much to even mention here - just a palpable sense of 'more' and not a parameter touched here.

Title kinda says it all. I want to update so I can check out the new FAS LED Drive and one of the amps I have long been waiting on...the Champ. I am not going to have time to rework my presets before next week's shows.

While we're at it... how do the Champ & the FAS Drive sound?

Just sounds better. Like going from really dead old strings to a brand new set of strings...no tweaks necessary. Just re-selecting amps in amp blocks to make sure they are aligned with new firmware.

i updated just before a gig without auditioning presets (NEVER a good idea, but it wasn't a very involved gig) and my presets were lacking bass and had more clarity than before.

i had to add bass and cut some treble to get them closer to what they were before.

Is that for all amps or only specific amps in the Axe? If nothing has changed with a specific amp in the new FW can we trust that no adjustments are necessary? Or is the 'overall' amp block sound (meaning all amps) changed in FW12?

No changes here, didn't see the need. I did play with some of the new stuff and made some changes just because. Played my usual gig schedule yesterday without a problem and was very pleased with my tones.

For everyone who says "no changes" or no parameters touched, are you resetting your amps, and do your patches have any parameters that reset with amp reset?

Didn't touch a thing (yet), and didn't reset the amps. So far everything sounds amazing, more clarity and "feel". Presets all sound like they should, only better. :) Sticking with Authentic for the time being, though I did dig the Smooth on a couple presets so that's where the tweaking will begin this week.

I use the AC-30 model in all my patches as a global block .... Did my first gig for 7 years yesterday and the unit did it's weird cutting out routine that it's done before and which i never managed to resolve due to it's intermittent nature....
Which meant that I had to update the firmware 45 minutes before doors! Gulp....
After I'd updated the firmware (which also 'solved' the issue last time) I was up and running and couldn't really hear any noticeable difference .... still sounded amazing :v)

For everyone who says "no changes" or no parameters touched, are you resetting your amps, and do your patches have any parameters that reset with amp reset?

Nothing here. Just worked. Note that I am not the 'normal' AFXII owner though; my firmware updates are a bit more 'incremental' (due to beta testing) and I had 100% redone everything at v11.05.

Nothing here. Just worked. Note that I am not the 'normal' AFXII owner though; my firmware updates are a bit more 'incremental' (due to beta testing) and I had 100% redone everything at v11.05.

I also did a complete redo on 11.05.

Since then, no tweaking needed to correct issues.

Back
Top Bottom