How did all the water get on planet earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Especially those sort of tan translucent Ultex picks. I have terrible beige carpet in my cave and those things hit the floor and vanish like a fart in the wind.
Ah finally I read it from others. Holy sh@, every time I loose one on the clear wooden floor of my rehearsal space I yell like a porc while searching on hand and feet lighting with my phone...

Ah finally I read it from others. Holy sh@, every time I loose one on the clear wooden floor of my rehearsal space I yell like a porc while searching on hand and feet lighting with my phone...
I mark mine up with a colored Sharpie, but that wears off over time. Looking for something more permanent.

Didn't they find ice and old dried up riverbeds on Mars?
And a doorway!!!?

mars-doorway-1920_resize_md.png

They explain how this was formed, but still amazing non the less. There are lots of other strange formations and rocks that resemble all kinds of familiar things. Still no Martians though. But then again, the info our government has released recently?

Didn't they find ice and old dried up riverbeds on Mars?

Yeah, lots of evidence of liquid water based erosion like canyons and riverbeds so it was most likely wet at one time. Atmospheric pressure is too low now for liquid water to exist on Mars though. The boiling point for water on Mars is something like -5 degrees C so it pretty much sublimates directly from solid to gas. Kind of crazy. Plenty of dry ice (frozen CO2) at the poles and possibly some water ice mixed in there too. I'd guess as the atmosphere got stripped away over time and the pressure dropped, the water eventually boiled away into space except for the stuff that stayed cold enough at the poles.

Good question,

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.

Tyndale House Publishers, Holy Bible: New Living Translation (Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale House Publishers, 2015), Ge 1:1–2.

The Hebrew word (Tehom) translated deep waters here can refer to the depths of the ocean or a destructive amount of water, or poetically as an abyss. I would guess God created the water out of the elements he created for matter, so he started with the ocean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom