How are you attaching your FM9 to your pedal board?

@tubelessone I think the main concern that the shields address are the vulnerability of the screens to direct impact from a falling object. Some have pointed out that these designs do unfortunately make the units more susceptible to damage from liquids and dust. The openings on the shields direct dust and spilled liquids to accumulate near the buttons and knobs where ingress into the housing is more likely to occur.

@tubelessone I think the main concern that the shields address are the vulnerability of the screens to direct impact from a falling object. Some have pointed out that these designs do unfortunately make the units more susceptible to damage from liquids and dust. The openings on the shields direct dust and spilled liquids to accumulate near the buttons and knobs where ingress into the housing is more likely to occur.

Good point on the screens... a few months ago I had a stage hand swapping out mics after my set and he dropped a mic right on my fm9... ouch that hurt my soul lol.

Just purchased my first Fractal product and a new member! Looking forward to interacting with the community
FM9 MK II Turbo, Volume pedal & Custom board this weekend! Will update with real pics 🫠

Update, this is what the build should be!

Attachments

• D03CF87D-FB40-449B-894E-8C1533FCCE1B.jpeg
    D03CF87D-FB40-449B-894E-8C1533FCCE1B.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Zed, quick question on those guards... exactly what are people protecting?
I see a few of these makers constantly spam all the socials with their products, but I don't understand... if all the knobs are exposed, what is it about besides cosmetic? It doesn't make sense to me.
Thanks and sorry to sidetrack the thread. 🙏

View attachment 126920
Wait until you gigged in a bar where some fool splashes beer over your kit.

Wait until you gigged in a bar where some fool splashes beer over your kit.

No kidding, it has happened to me. Only problem with liquid spills is, as others have observed, and maybe the point that you were making, is that the protective covers can potentially channel the liquid into the buttons and knobs. I use the CEBA shields, but they are best suited to assisting in the prevention of physical and cosmetic damage. Liquids are still a problem.

Back
Top Bottom