Honored to be the proud owner of the very 1st production Axe Fx II!!!!

First of all, I apologize to solo act. For never having met him, I was a tad bit too aggressive in condemning his post. I could have left out a line, maybe two. I was new to this thread and I was in a state of shock. It's most peoples belief that you just don't even go there discuss such private critical judgements on the forums. Still,

1) I don't know Cliff very well at all, but I can tell you he is one of those who is very creative in his personality, an artist. Maybe you think "straight" and can't comprehend how Dana could get one of these for no reason. Cliff's mind obviously, and thankfully, goes different places than most of us. If not, we'd still be jailed with our Pods.

2) Cliff wanted to throw someone something real to show you all that The Great One really is coming. I think danacabral was in the right place, right time, a mini lottery winner and generously took the time to give us a preview with 0% malice.

Now to ruin everyone's Tuesday all over again, here's my bedroom rig:
joe_bonamassa_guitars_amps.jpg

Wait till I post my stage axe collection.

We humans are such a funny bunch, ain't we?

Bedroom rig? There's no bed. That floor doesn't look very comfortable and everyone knows a flying V makes a shi**y pillow. :)
I'm glad that's a recording studio. If that were really your "bedroom rig", I would have to say that there's an obsessive compulsive disorder or serious overcompensation complex at play. All those guitars and you chose the flying V.....man, some people! :)

hurry move run for the hills, an earthquake or huge bolder is headed right for the stage, smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh, oh well, didnt see any cool jacksons or esp's anyway.

Bedroom rig? There's no bed. That floor doesn't look very comfortable and everyone knows a flying V makes a shi**y pillow. :)
I'm glad that's a recording studio. If that were really your "bedroom rig", I would have to say that there's an obsessive compulsive disorder or serious overcompensation complex at play. All those guitars and you chose the flying V.....man, some people! :)

Can you please send Cliff one of your Silver jubilee 100 to model

Actually, that's a VERY valid observation LOL

LOL.... it's the only one he doesn't have a floor stand for. (really awesome collection!!!)

Brilliant observation :lol

Having seen this pic countless times before, I never thought twice about the axe in hand versus those surrounding... I had to laugh at the fact you're probably right, it's the only he had to hold.

V.

Dana, Do you hear much difference in terms of amp modeling in comparison to the Ultra?

Thanks

Last edited:
Agree... if Cliff had hooked me up early... theres no friggin way I would have posted anything about it on here right now

Personally, I'm GLAD he did. More sound files please Dana! Post you tube vids as well! DO A/B Comparisons for us between the axe 1, will ya? Thanks!!

Short Review,

Its Like the ULTRA ULTRA. The modeling is great The New Cab Thing (Size) really makes a huge Difference Being able to add the room size and mix Really gives my Fender sounds that Realness it was lacking. The ABCD Knobs are great for tweaking. I only have about 2 hours on the 2 so that is my first observations. I am kinda Bummed the Rotary Speaker and The trem Have not been redone.(In my opinion That is the weak link) Someone send cliff an 11 Rack so he can Hear how good avid does these.(JK)

I will let you have my wife for one night and give you $3000 for your new axe fx
actually I will give you $5000 if you keep the wife
Tooooooooo funny!
I'm glad to see someone still has a sense of humor among all this mayhem. ;-)
That being said...... c'mon Buy it Now!
BJD

Great! lets start with the reviews

Had about 2 hours to program a few patches on the Axe II, and went to rehearsal, I'm very impressed with it, love how it sounds when you sustain notes, sounds more alive to me then the Ultra, and somehow richer..and more enjoyable to play, i'm very very happy with this unit, for sure the best of it's kind in my opinion, and i've gone thru pretty much all the digital modelers ever build, and using Axe FX since 2007, again the best money i've invested in gear, all i can say is, I think everyone who gets one will be very impressed.. Thanks Fractal!

Had about 2 hours to program a few patches on the Axe II, and went to rehearsal, I'm very impressed with it, love how it sounds when you sustain notes, sounds more alive to me then the Ultra, and somehow richer..and more enjoyable to play, i'm very very happy with this unit, for sure the best of it's kind in my opinion, and i've gone thru pretty much all the digital modelers ever build, and using Axe FX since 2007, again the best money i've invested in gear, all i can say is, I think everyone who gets one will be very impressed.. Thanks Fractal!
Cool! What was your monitoring rig?

Back
Top Bottom