Holdsworth with the XL

Oh great... another wannabe guitar hero. :D Oh wait... :lol

I would love to see Holdsworth recreate this sound on the Axe! Actually I'd love to hear anything he does with the AxeFX.

Oh great... another wannabe guitar hero. :D Oh wait... :lol

I would love to see Holdsworth recreate this sound on the Axe! Actually I'd love to hear anything he does with the AxeFX.

900x900px-LL-9bb28d6b_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

I've got a Carvin HH2x and no one ever accused me of being a Fanboy (or mistook my playing for Alan's!)
In fact, most of the audiences I play for have no idea who he is. In fact it's simply a great guitar

I don't get his music. Never have. I've tried listening to him for over 30 years and can't connect. I'm not dissing his music, it just goes over my head I guess. I can't follow a melody or any kind of theme, it's just a spray of chromatic notes and patterns to me.

I've got a Carvin HH2x and no one ever accused me of being a Fanboy (or mistook my playing for Alan's!)
In fact, most of the audiences I play for have no idea who he is. In fact it's simply a great guitar

That is no fusion audience then I guess? How is the guitar? how is the trem holding up tuning wise when doing heavy trem work? I have read mixed reviews on that trem system. But I like the way it works like a transtrem but without the transpose function. The transtrem is a real PITA to set up though.

The system is fine and stays in tune quite well compared to most trem systems. The biggest problem I have with it is the lock switch. I have to tighten it because it tends to flop out of its locked position with movement however you really only need it for changing strings.

Is he in that band limp bizkit? I kid I kid

It's exctinig to see if he joins the team. I embarrassed to to admit that I found out about him this year :( . Completely changed my view on true legato.

He comes from another planet ...
Nobody can actually tell 100% how and why he does what he does .

Really complexe ... Transcribing a solo does'nt mean nothing , only shows technical skills of the guitarist .

He is unique

Erm. I have no idea where to put punctuation in that first sentence. Just can't figure it out...
Second sentence isn't much better... what is pledge? Either a promise or a furniture cleaner, either makes no sense.

I think I get the third sentence.

Not trying to razz you, but if you want people to make an effort to understand you, you have to make an effort to write understandably.

I made a comment on the post.
I could not discern the unit Allan had was an xl .
Suggested it was a matter of time before Allan used the axe fx.
I made a suggestion that he might promote his new project using Pledge Drive such as Dweezil Zappa is using
and perhaps he might share some of his settings also as Dweezil is doing.

Perhaps I can be forgiven for not being an English major or expert in writing.

Hope that makes better sense Happy New Year

I don't get his music. Never have. I've tried listening to him for over 30 years and can't connect. I'm not dissing his music, it just goes over my head I guess. I can't follow a melody or any kind of theme, it's just a spray of chromatic notes and patterns to me.

Check out his Road Games album. Much more approachable. Some very cool melodic/rock based music on that album.

Alan is a true monster of technique and style, whether you dig his particular approach or not ~ a great guitarist with a very unique & personal style!

Don't forget his excellent work with the rock band 'UK' in the 80s...

I made a comment on the post.
I could not discern the unit Allan had was an xl .
Suggested it was a matter of time before Allan used the axe fx.
I made a suggestion that he might promote his new project using Pledge Drive such as Dweezil Zappa is using
and perhaps he might share some of his settings also as Dweezil is doing.

Perhaps I can be forgiven for not being an English major or expert in writing.

Hope that makes better sense Happy New Year
And a fantastisch 2015 to you.

See, I knew there was something in there to read.

I really am Dutch, as in from The Netherlands, Europe, not at all an English speaking country. I learnt all my English by subtitled English and American movies and TV and Guitar Player magazine. I'll concede I have an aptitude for it (and I read a bit more than that), but I've had no more English education than Dutch high school lessons and I've spent a total of 1 week in England, accompanied by other Dutch people. It's hardly like majoring in English. I'm fortunate that it's relatively easy for Dutch people to learn English. For French or Italian, let alone Cyrillic, Arabic or Asian languages it's way much harder.

I'm not asking for literary achievements. Just a . at the end of sentences. Comma's are helpful, too... Just so us foreigners can understand.

To my ears, Dutch sounds like German spoken with an American accent. :)
Used to think the same of Italian and Spanish. Although similar, there's quite a bit of difference. I do speak German pretty well, but the grammar totally defies me. A word like "this", can be translated with like 20 different words according to what it refers to, the gender of it, the number, the time... Quite a lot to keep track of. I usually just guess. Italian does some sort of the same. Never studied Spanish, but I suspect...

Anyway, back to the scheduled programming.

Yeah, German sentence structure can be an interesting dance, and they are marvelously creative with words. :)

Spanish, on the other hand, has simple rules from which it rarely deviates.

Used to think the same of Italian and Spanish. Although similar, there's quite a bit of difference. I do speak German pretty well, but the grammar totally defies me. A word like "this", can be translated with like 20 different words according to what it refers to, the gender of it, the number, the time... Quite a lot to keep track of. I usually just guess. Italian does some sort of the same. Never studied Spanish, but I suspect...

Anyway, back to the scheduled programming.

It sounds like the endings in Russian. As I used to tell an old girlfriend, я не знаю, и я не хочу знать. ;)

Scheduled programming: sort of a bit like what he said...

Very advanced and highly skillful, but I can't say it's very "enjoyable". I last about half a song. A whole if I exert myself. I may enjoy it more slowed down...

I understand where you're coming from and feel that way about some of his stuff as well. I really like his album 'Hard Hat Area' though; thoroughly recommend giving that a listen.

Back
Top Bottom