Holdsworth patches v10

Clean, swell and lead.. Patches on axechange. very quick demos and links below.

my favourite tones of his are the mesa lead tones and the ud stomp chorus/delays

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Holdsy Clean v10 - by simeon

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Holdsy Swell v10 - by simeon

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Holdsy Lead v10 - by simeon

when using the lead patch, turn down your guitar volume a touch and turn down your tone control until it just starts to attenuate the highs.

all three patches contain pitch shifters which are bypassed. unbypass them for more fx.

the lead patch has one side phase reversed, so won't work if summed to mono

all three patches use two multidelays to emulate the UD Stomp, using allan's own settings

all three patches contain volume blocks where you can attach your external volume pedal. this is necessary in the swell patch

i have been messing around with the recto vintage orange, which is the dual rec channel allan loved so much. still haven't quite nailed it yet, but definitely worth persevering with because it's fantastically spongy! :)

Simeon would you mind to share your old Ultra/Standard presets with me, thanks in advance

Thanks Simeon for these posts. I've been using all your previously released Holdsy Patches as "regulars" assigned to my MFC101. I am currently run these patches that were created in vs 6. What will I see/hear that's different in these vs 10 releases?

still working on the lead patch. the cleans should be fine...almost any clean amp will do, cos the mojo is in the delays...

I just heard them they all sound amazing and with holdsworth his sounds change so.. even knowing that really really nice job on all the sounds..
I cant wait to get mine upgraded fixed and returned pacing the floor to load these patches.

Well done sir..
Thanks for your efforts

ok, little demo, as promised. it's early in the morning here...advantage - it's cool enough to play guitar....disadvantage - i'm still half asleep, so apologies for the repetitive phrasing and bland note choices...

btw, i made some alterations to the patch and uploaded it again - Axe-Change - Download Preset - Holdsy Lead - by simeon - this is the one i used for the demo

there's something about the fuzzyness/softness in his top end which i can't seem to replicate. i suspect it may be due to the fact that his guitars are hollow and mine aint

btw - if anyone's interested, here's a backing track for Proto Cosmos i made many years ago. i was gonna use this for the demo, but i'm too tired to pull off a decent take at the moment. someone else have a go, i'd love to hear 'em!

http://www.simeonharris.co.uk/misc/proto_cosmos.mp3

my feelings on this recto patch are a bit mixed, to be honest. i can hear qualities in it that i also hear in allan's sound from that period - specifically what the amp does when you dig in hard - a really nice change in timbre. but the overall "feel" isn't that enjoyable. i actually prefer the usa lead brt +

so i tried an experiment. i adjusted the advanced parameters of the usa lead to match those of the recto. sounds really nice and it definitely seems to pick up some of that bloom that i like in the recto patch

you can have a go at this, because the recto is in the Y position of my patch and the usa lead is in the X position, so it's really easy to flip back and forth to adjust and compare.

edit: if you do switch to the usa lead - change the drive block to a filter block - set to high pass, cutoff 100hz, level 8db

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom