Hmmmm, bias point...

The current across your heart is what will kill you. Higher voltage isn’t the primary concern

Old%20Tesla%20Coil.jpg

Electricity has multiple ways to kill you. It's not just current through your heart.

1571296298040.png

The current across your heart is what will kill you. Higher voltage isn’t the primary concern

Old%20Tesla%20Coil.jpg

Back when I used to do such things, I always biased with a scope and would dial in a bit of crossover distortion as I favored the sound. Cliff, at around what % does the notch start appearing on EL34s? Just a rough number so that I have some correlation in my head.
Electricity has multiple ways to kill you. It's not just current through your heart.

View attachment 59141

Agree... Having worked as an electrical and controls engineer at a power plant and retiring Jan 11, 2019, The AC and emergency DC power available in the steam and hydro plants (and HV switchyards) was extremely dangerous/deadly.

However, death is available at lots of voltage potentials if the right amount of current passes through your heart/body. I have seen friends with arc flash burns that survived in the company, but some damaged enough it was a miracle of God they survived.

Lower voltages can stop your heart, but there are some voltages that they would be having a closed casket funeral just for getting close enough for air to ionize and you become the ground conductor, even with thick rubber soles on your shoes.

With the right voltage potential, EVERYTHING is a conductor of electricity.

To get back on subject, really cool about the bias settings being very close to real amp world!

Back
Top Bottom