High Gain Inconsistent Hissing Sound [NOT A BUG]

Morbid

Inspired
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it's bothersome.
Today I updated to the newest EVERYTHING (Axe-Edit, Fractal Bot, Firmware, Patches, USB Drivers...I mean EVERYTHING). Messing around with some high gain mesa sounds and notice when I'm not playing, there is hissing in the background, which is normal for high gain...but this sounds very inconsistent, almost like I'm playing with the cable and a bad jack. No loud pops, just variations in volume and 'grittyness' of the hissing.
I know it's the Axe-FX, as I turned the axe-fx down (but left the poweramp volume up) and the noise disappeared. I turned the volume all the way off on the guitar, still there. I engage the killswitch of the guitar...still there. I unplug the cable from the Axe-fx...still there. I close Axe-Edit...still there.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
What firmware version did you upgrade from? Make sure your global noise gate is at zero. You may need to reset your amp blocks as well.

You are probably used to hearing the noisegate. A new feature called noisegate offset was added in the global menu. when you first update to a firmware that has it, it will need the default reset. Set it to 0.00db and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom