Hermida Z Cab "Full Range Conversion?????"

Did you end up needing the L-Pad to flatten out the high-end response? And if so, how much? How would it sound in a sealed cab? I'm looking at useing this set-up in a stereo cab, just not sure if I need to port it.

I did the concert today and the cab did great...its a keeper for me...
Moke..yes I ended up using the L-Pad ...its about 3/4 up.

The 'Galo Coversion' cab still working well for me implemented in a Mesa Thiele. Nice detail and punch with character.

Where does the horn driver attach to the cab? I cant tell from the photos. Thx

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ok I figured it out. The speaker is coax, driver on rear. Got it. I wonder if this conversion could be done on an atomic powered wedge. I dont like the way they sound as they are. The bass frequencies are too loose.

Dont know much about their design!!! Sorry.
g

Ok I figured it out. The speaker is coax, driver on rear. Got it. I wonder if this conversion could be done on an atomic powered wedge. I dont like the way they sound as they are. The bass frequencies are too loose.

Eminence woofer - type unknown (DG09-12-023) and ASD 1001 Tweeter.
So that one could be screwed on the Eminence CX12.

I think i need to try this. Ive been using a Stewart Audio 1000 watt power amp though. What do I need to look out for so I don't blow anything up.

The x-over has a light bulb for hf protection...if you see the inside of the cab actually lighting up, you are giving it too much power...bring it down man.
Adios

I think i need to try this. Ive been using a Stewart Audio 1000 watt power amp though. What do I need to look out for so I don't blow anything up.

Maybe with only one hf driver to start...dont know what the cab is tune too, so is still an expensive try. The Hernidas were tune to the EV12L's so these are designed to be pretty flat for the EV's...That is why I took a chance.

Why don't you use 2 1x12 cabs and have stereo on stage, instead of a 4x12...that makes more sense to me. Believe me they are loud.

Last edited:
Maybe with only one hf driver to start...dont know what the cab is tune too, so is still an expensive try. The Hernidas were tune to the EV12L's so these are designed to be pretty flat for the EV's...That is why I took a chance.

Why don't you use 2 1x12 cabs and have stereo on stage, instead of a 4x12...that makes more sense to me. Believe me they are loud.

Not trying to hijack your thread, I built this cab from the ground up not a mod - check the link for details. So many here ask about 4x12 style FRFR, this is a stereo powered cab that weighs no more than a standard Marshall and has some unique features under the hood...err grill ;-) It does use Eminence drivers, Deltalite 2512's.

Yes, nothing like a 4x12 feel on stage brother...you go man!!! Nothing wrong with what you are doing...you just ask for opinions and I gave you mine. I'm sure people will buy them for sure...the Deltalites are great speakers, much smoother sounding than the EV 12L...but I still say you will need a HF driver, jmho....please keep in touch...

Not trying to hijack your thread, I built this cab from the ground up not a mod - check the link for details. So many here ask about 4x12 style FRFR, this is a stereo powered cab that weighs no more than a standard Marshall and has some unique features under the hood...err grill ;-) It does use Eminence drivers, Deltalite 2512's.

...but I still say you will need a HF driver, jmho....please keep in touch...

4508d1301112596-powered-full-range-flat-response-backline-cab-experiment-xf412g.jpg

Back
Top Bottom