Hermida Z Cab "Full Range Conversion?????"

I am thinking about replacing the speakers in my atomics by Beta 12cx!
Could someone who knows about this stuff please tell me if this is a good idea?

I like the sound of the Atomics, but they start to distort at higher volume, what makes them useless for me.

What distorts? High end low end? Both?

I am thinking about replacing the speakers in my atomics by Beta 12cx!
Could someone who knows about this stuff please tell me if this is a good idea?

I like the sound of the Atomics, but they start to distort at higher volume, what makes them useless for me.

It sound to me like something is damage...

The same damage on two atomics? And it only distorts when the speakers are really pushed.
I am not the only one with that problem here on the fractal forum.
Do you think the Beta 12cx fits with the specs of the Atomics?
I have no idea about things like crossover frequencies.

That is very disappointing to here....unfortunately I have no idea how the atomic's are tune...dont know if it would work.
Sorry man.

Saludos Galo.. I would like to know after all this time you still using your converted Hermida cabs and you if you done any aditional mod to make it even better!! I was thinking doing something like this.. Seen you videos and love what you have done so far Huge Santana fan Too.. But Also would like to know is this converted Cabs can handle any guitar style for those like me that like to use a lot of gain!!! Anyone else have done experiments like this with great results? Gracias.. :)

I'm still using it and I have not change a thing...love it just the way it is...I never changed anything because it sound great just the way it is...I talked with Alfonso Hermida last week and we might be building one with the Matrix GM50 build in...just waiting for the GM50. The only neg so far is that it only goes down to about 70 herts...if you are tuning down it might not work for you. for classic rock and metal it will work. hope this helps.

Saludos Galo.. I would like to know after all this time you still using your converted Hermida cabs and you if you done any aditional mod to make it even better!! I was thinking doing something like this.. Seen you videos and love what you have done so far Huge Santana fan Too.. But Also would like to know is this converted Cabs can handle any guitar style for those like me that like to use a lot of gain!!! Anyone else have done experiments like this with great results? Gracias.. :)

I know he's been having all sorts of email problems, but I can't get an answer about how much one of his cabs is with a different colored tolex. I've emailed six or seven times over the past few months and nothing. I'm quite disappointed, especially considering the success you've had with this configuration, Galo.

Yeaaaappp he has!! Alf is also a very busy guy for sure. I know he is doing the best he can...small business like his are not easy to run.

Galo, perhaps I can get some kind of answer from you (although I know it won't necessarily be definitive), since your Hermida cab is in red tolex.

Did Hermida do the red tolex for you? If so, was there an upcharge? If so, how much was the upcharge? If so, did it add to the wait time? And finally, how long did you have to wait for your cab?

Many thanks for your thread and also for any answers you can send my way. :)

as far as i know it should be the same wait time and yes there will probably be an up charge...

Back
Top Bottom