Here's a dumb idea...

warcowsmoo

Wouldn't it be cool if Axe-Edit was reimagined to include visuals of a customizable avatar playing guitar with a rig matching whatever's on the grid? Like Axe-Fx Crossing or The (amp) Sims

I would like to see in the future the authentic page of the amps to be shown as the real amp, similar as how BIAS AMP worked in which they kinda matched the amp model visually.

That would be cool and it was discussed before in other threads.

I think infringement and other legal issues would be too much of a headache

…though image similarities could work maybe but no insignia, names or logos

I think infringement and other legal issues would be too much of a headache
The odds are good that the logos are trademarked, and it’s guaranteed the artwork the logos are based on is copyrighted. If Fractal supplied that imagery you can be pretty sure someone would go after them.

I’d rather they keep their money safe and not prioritize such a request. It’d be a potential headache with very little added value.

So, for every amp they should supply a suitable likeness? And for every model in every block?
Pretty sure several models could be reused. There are like 10 versions of Plexis and all of them have the same control scheme. There are several Mesas, Fenders... That would reduce the amount of work by a lot. We all know Fractal says there are over 300 models but real life amps it could be like 100 or 150 the most.

I'm into the more realistic visuals on some plugins too, but was thinking totally cartoony! No logos/trademarks for sure, but like a lot of the clever model names, we would all know haha

incredulous questioning GIF

Honestly, every time I use axe edit (which is 100% of the time) I wish it looked more like Guitar Rig (which doesn't use actual brand logos but still looks great).

To see your whole "rack" on one page isn't just more fun, it's more useful.

While I love axe edit for what it does, I think it's ready for an overhaul personally. A lot of common sense requests for improvements have never been addressed which makes me think it's the limits of it's current coding keeping a lot of progress from happening. Rip it down and rebuild! Just hire some dude on fiver ;)

I've said it before in other threads about this same request, I'm glad Cliff and team put their efforts into making the AxeFx sound amazing. But, it wouldn't bother me if there was an Axe Edit stand-alone as well as VST that included graphic elements along the lines of what Guitar Rig and other software included. Totally extra and not necessary, but I wouldn't complain.

I think the editor looks great without skeuomorphic graphics. To me, they make things seem toyish, and gimmicky. Same with touchscreens on the hardware. Fractal makes pro level gear. Most pros know what a Plexi looks like and don't need a fancy picture to guide them. Just my opinion, of course.
Yeah...one more touchscreen in my life for me to have change if I breathe on it or have to put my finger through the screen to get it to work would put me over the edge!

Back
Top Bottom