Here is some AX8 Noodling

I opened my Case, I'm so Lazy. 4 latches one XLR and one USB and power.

The amp is the Wrecker Express. Its a stock preset that I changed the name on and changed the reverb to a spring. That's it I think. I might have changed the drive. I can't wait for the Fas Boost. I love that pedal in the XL.

View attachment 29887

Haha! Totally get why it's a schlep to get the amp for us now! Thanks for the screen! :cool:

Surprised you are using such a big amp for Church. I use the AC20 a lot but hardly get the space to even stick a drive in front of it. Might be cos I use a Les Paul so the PAFs are already driving the amp. Watching your vid I'm seriously tempted to dust off the o'l strat now!

Haha! Totally get why it's a schlep to get the amp for us now! Thanks for the screen! :cool:

Surprised you are using such a big amp for Church. I use the AC20 a lot but hardly get the space to even stick a drive in front of it. Might be cos I use a Les Paul so the PAFs are already driving the amp. Watching your vid I'm seriously tempted to dust off the o'l strat now!
Cool! I'm a strat guy big time. My other guitar in my Mono M80 is a tele Deluxe, which I rarely need. I have a les paul at home, I rarely play that either. Yeah I usually use an AC30 variant, but when I heard this patch, I go yep I'm using that this weekend. Sounded great with the rest of the band. With the ability to lower your volume pot, it gives you so many variations of tones, that you could use any amp really. Well you wouldn't want to use a Hi-gain amp of course.
Get that strat out, play that guy, he misses you, or she misses you however you name your guitars...;-)

upload_2016-1-30_11-58-18.png

Hey Scott, what is this on the top left side of your pedal board? I am thinking about building my own board, and I was just curious...
upload_2016-1-30_11-58-18.png

@scottburrow I think he thinks you are using the real amp

@scottburrow I think he thinks you are using the real amp

Erm, no I know it was a modelled amp.... although you might be joking of course. :confused:

Big amp meaning an amp that goes into high gain territory, not physical size. I also play in a Worship band and normally have to cut back on my gain. Scott was on the same page as me with his reply.

So whilst I got you online, you convinced me to haul out my old strat and I did, however I remember the reason why I stopped using it was because it has a mixture of really horrible pickups in it. I'm going to have to replace or upgrade them with something better. What are you running on your strat?

So whilst I got you online, you convinced me to haul out my old strat and I did, however I remember the reason why I stopped using it was because it has a mixture of really horrible pickups in it. I'm going to have to replace or upgrade them with something better. What are you running on your strat?
It's an Eric Johnson strat 2007. Some of the best pickups I have ever used on a stock strat. You might be able to buy them separately. I wish they were silent though.

Erm, no I know it was a modelled amp.... although you might be joking of course. :confused:

Big amp meaning an amp that goes into high gain territory, not physical size. I also play in a Worship band and normally have to cut back on my gain. Scott was on the same page as me with his reply.
I was serious. Your explanation here of what you meant by big amp cleared it up for me lol

I play in a worship setting (I never try to ft the tones from the records) I use an ac20 with some drive pedals or a triptik modern.

As for your pickups get some Suhr pickups you will not be disappointed

I was serious. Your explanation here of what you meant by big amp cleared it up for me lol

I play in a worship setting (I never try to ft the tones from the records) I use an ac20 with some drive pedals or a triptik modern.

As for your pickups get some Suhr pickups you will not be disappointed

Another AC20 user!! Awesome! I was big on the AC30 for a long time but when I discovered the AC20 I was blown away at the dynamic range and the way it cuts through the mix. Definitely going to try the Triptik Modern tomorrow as well now! Ha ha! I'm playing in a baptism service so we are expecting a lot of outsiders to come in, perfect excuse to break out something new.

I'll checkout the Suhr pups, do you use them as well?

I had an EJ strat and I loved everything about it except the bridge p/u. The neck was a bit fat for me, but it was a nice guitar.Twice I had some work done on it a reputable shops and both times the owners thought it was one of the nicer "signature" models Fender made.

Was that Slayer's Black Magic or the Antichrist? ;) sounds great, would love to play in a big place, unlike my 10x20 office with 2 1000w pa speakers, which is also awesome dont get me wrong!

Back
Top Bottom