Here is some AX8 Noodling

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
Here is some AX8 noodling from Church practice last night. what you hear is from The PA. I was using in Iphone 6 plus to record. This isn't anything that exciting, but it is something. its silent at the begining, I was just trying to show you the rig that I was using. And yes I know I'm old and Fat and all the self incriminating stuff, one says about themselves on video when they are 49. I was listening to a WTF Podcast with David spade, and David said Chris Rock told him Dude, you can either be Old or Fat, but not both...Ouch! anyway here you go. For the record besides the pastor's wife that came in behind me, and the sound engineer trying to get the other guitar players rig to work, there was no one in the house. That's why I love getting there early and noodling.

I use a fan, because I get so hot when I play. The church is used to seeing it now, so they don't seem to care, plus it hides the trailer trash sign, don't want to offend the trailer trash...Just kidding. This fan is awesome, it's quieter than the little black honeywell fan that I used for years, and it blows five or ten times more air.

Anyway, enjoy or don't enjoy and complain about the cross in the background.

Nice Scott! I never got to play on a stage like that in church! Sounds great to me.

Thanks Rick! yeah, I have been there since last August before that I was in a really small church 150 people maybe. The one even before that was huge 22,000 people it ended up being, when I left. It doesn't really matter the size of course, I just want to be obedient and be used in anyway I can. Let's be honest it is just fun to play guitar.

Really cool Scott! Also it's amazing what a good PA does for your sound, I could never dial in my presets to sound like that, even through an iPhone!

Was that one of the Marshalls you used?

Total agreement there. Always encouraged to see a man using talent for others' edification and benefit. Love that sort of commitment.

When I think of the sound you can bring with the AX8, and remember the old days of trying to get a decent sound plugged into a Bogen Challenger while singing through a Shure Vocal Master, I can't help but marvel at the tech we have now :) The guitars are much the same (sometimes exactly so) but the things we can run a cable to sure have advanced.

Really cool Scott! Also it's amazing what a good PA does for your sound, I could never dial in my presets to sound like that, even through an iPhone!

Was that one of the Marshalls you used?
It wasn't a Marshall, Let me get back to you on it. I haven't set up the thing back up yet, since last night. I have been playing with my XL this morning. Nice having options.

It wasn't a Marshall, Let me get back to you on it. I haven't set up the thing back up yet, since last night. I have been playing with my XL this morning. Nice having options.

Surprising! I have a similar set of sounds dialed in on my AX8 using the Plexi50 Hi model with or without various drives.
-
Austin

great sound! I'd like a fan like that too. I always need airflow on stage
It's a Lasko fan. I got it at walmart of all places. I get as excited with Fans as I do Gear. For me it's just another tool. The cool thing (pun intended) is that I moved my sister to Seattle a month or so back and she had one in her apartment, up in a closet. I asked her if I could have it, as it plenty cool in Seattle. So now I have two...;-)

+1

I'm really surprised we have not seen the first Ax8 update to bring it into sync with the current AXEII Quantum version and effects. Guess we'll have to wait until after the Quantum 2.0 update now.

Yeah, it will come soon enough. I bet they are stretched at the moment. All good things come to those who wait. I'm impressed that us AX8 owners have been pretty cool about not asking for the firmware update. We all know it will come.

+1

I'm really surprised we have not seen the first Ax8 update to bring it into sync with the current AXEII Quantum version and effects. Guess we'll have to wait until after the Quantum 2.0 update now.

I imagine it will become more of a priority when more AX8 units are out there I definitely am not expecting updates at anywhere close to the rate of the rack units though.
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom