Help with Deluxe Tweed. Almost Unplayable

I had tried the Tweed Deluxe in the Ultra (I think it wasnt even a direct version but some other similar amp then) and again when the AxeFxII first came out and came to the conclusion that the Tweed Deluxe was too difficult to simulate with anything near the same level of success that Fractal has had with most other amps.
Well this thread got me curious and things sure have changed! The current version has all the characteristics of the real thing and it feels right.
Things have improved quite a bit in the last two years while I was away from AxeFx Land.

To the OP, the 'Tweed Deluxe' experience is just not for everyone, maybe you just don't like the way they are.

In the Fender category, one of the amps that blew me away is the 65 Bassguy.

I was asked to perform a Brian Setzer tune. I never had done one till then and decided to emulate the tone so I checked out his Rig Rundown, dialed in the 65 Bassguy with similar settings, a bit of mono tape echo in front for fun - total set up time: 2.5 minutes - and Voila! Dripping with attitude. The Bassguy model simply oozes that vibe.

In the Fender category, one of the amps that blew me away is the 65 Bassguy.

I was asked to perform a Brian Setzer tune. I never had done one till then and decided to emulate the tone so I checked out his Rig Rundown, dialed in the 65 Bassguy with similar settings, a bit of mono tape echo in front for fun - total set up time: 2.5 minutes - and Voila! Dripping with attitude. The Bassguy model simply oozes that vibe.
Yea, the Fenders are sounding wonderful these days. Love them all for different reasons.

If only we had a blonde Bassman... ;)

<Heads over to the wish list subforum>

Back
Top Bottom